thirty one ; bobby's dilemma

"Me!" Hanbin was the fastest to response, raising his hand high in the air and nodding excitedly at me.

Laughing, I nodded and gestured for him to go get changed. Turning to Bobby, I asked as I cocked my head to one side, "What about you? What're you going to do tonight?"

"I'll go hang with the boys then. Enjoy your... Date." A slight hint of jealousy flickered across his face, but before I could say anything else, he was out the door, leaving me behind to get changed.

Well, I couldn't please the both of them without hurting both of them at the same time, could I?

────────────

*BOBBY'S POV*

"Yah, come out and drink with me. I'm treating." I sent the message out to the boys, then set down my phone and started eating some ddeokbokki first while waiting for them.

Within ten minutes they were all here. "Yo, Bobby!" Chanwoo woo-ed, clapping my hand and bumping my chest in greeting. We all settled down onto the big table and ordered a few glasses of soju and some side dishes.

"So, what's up? Why are you suddenly treating us to a drink?" Jinhwan asked, pouring himself a glass of soju.

Running a hand through my hair, I downed my glass before reaching for another shot. "Nah, just had the feels to drink tonight. Y'all know the thing going with Hanbin and Bella, right? Well, she's just made the rule not to have any skinship until she makes her decision."

The boys laughed, slapping me on my back and teasing me without holding back. "Oh no Bobby, what are you going to do now? You'll have to hold back all your sexual desires then." Yunhyeong teased, almost causing Junhoe to choke while laughing.

Heaving a deep sigh, I poured them all a drink each and opened up another bottle. "It's not funny man. I'm so lost now, I don't know what to do."

I gulped down the bottle of soju directly until Junhoe hit it away from me, making the contents spill a little onto the table. "Yah, eat something with it, or you'll get sick."

Nodding in obedience, I helped myself to the side dishes while the boys carried on talking about some other thing.

Being quiet by myself, a million thoughts ran through my mind as I continued drinking, occasionally eating something so Junhoe wouldn't nag at me again.

I needed to say it out this time round. I don't usually talk about my feelings, but this thing has been bothering me for so long, I feel like I would burst if I kept it bottled in any longer.

"Guys.." I croaked. Donghyuk hit the rest to get their attention to me.

"I-I saw Hanbin cry, you know." I continued, my words slightly slurred from my half drunken state.

Maybe being drunk really does make one more honest.

The boys piped in with questions, Where? When? Why? I held up a hand and took another gulp of soju before continuing,

"That night, I kissed Bella. Hanbin must've found out. The next day I saw him on the rooftop in school, crying.

After so many years together, after having been through so much, we've never even seen Hanbin shed a single tear. Yet that day tears were flowing down his face with no end, and he looked so miserable.