thirty seven ; bobby's back

*HANBIN'S POV*

The next morning, or rather afternoon, Bella and I finally decided to untangle from each other and get something to eat. She offered to cook, so I just sat on the counter staring at her while she whipped up fried egg amd sausages for me.

"I'm not much of a cook either, big nose. Sorry." She laughed nervously as she set down the food on my plate. Grinning, I dragged her over to sit beside me, reassuring her, "It's okay. We can learn to cook together sometime, it'll be fun."

Nodding, she looked at me expectantly, gesturing for me to try out her culinary skills. I picked up the egg with my fork and chewed off a huge part of it. The shells still in the egg immediately crunched in my mouth, and I quickly swallowed them down, not wanting her to hear them.

Then I reached for the sausage and bit into them, a little more wary this time.

Way too salty.

"How is it?" She asked nervously, her big round eyes blinking in anticipation.

There was no way I could hurt her feelings by telling her about the shells and the saltiness.. Not when she looked so adorable and excited.

"It's d-" My mouth opened to tell her that her egg was delicious, but before the word could fully come out, I stopped closed my mouth again. Damn it, I'd just promised her that she could trust me no matter what.

If she tasted the food she'd prepared and realized that it wasn't exactly delicious, she might flip out and accuse me of lying.

Sweat forming at my forehead with the rigorous brain activity going on right now, I slowly turned to her and gulped, breaking it to her as gently as possible.

"It tastes fine, but the egg has shells... And the sausage is a little... too salty." I glanced at her warily, my heart pounding at the thought of her getting insulted and angry with my nitpickings.

Her face turned to steel, and she furrowed her brows at me. Shit, I've really done it now, haven't I? My mouth hung open and my mouth turned dry as I waited for her to reprimand me. Damn it, Kim Hanbin, why do you have to be so damn tackless??

Suddenly, she burst out laughing, slapping my chest and arm as she leaned backwards while chuckling hysterically. I stared at her with widened eye, totally clueless and confused as to why she was laughing.

She breathed heavily, trying to catch her breath as she held onto my shoulder for balance

She breathed heavily, trying to catch her breath as she held onto my shoulder for balance. I quickly reached out to stabilize her, keeping my mouth shut in case I said anything else to trigger her.

Patting my hand, she laughed in amusement, "I didn't know you were so honest, Kim Hanbin. Why are you so cute, big nose?" She pinched my cheeks, and I stared at her in shock, "You're not angry? Even though I just dissed your cooking?"

She shook her head, looking even more amused by my reaction. "Of course not! I'm just glad you're honest. Stay this way okay Kim Hanbin?"

Leaning in to give me a peck on the cheek, she smiled and told me to stay here while she goes out to buy lunch for us. When I offered to go, she pushed me back down, telling me that she just wanted to go out for a breath of fresh air.

So I just stayed at home, waiting for her return. When the door opened just ten minutes later, I quickly went out to greet her, but it wasn't Bella who'd just come home.

It was Bobby.

And right behind him was Bella.

She walked slowly into the house, her eyes turned to me in panic. She avoided Bobby's gaze, and stood rooted to the ground until I spoke up to deal with the awkwardness.

"Babe, how about you go up to your room first? I want to talk to Bobby." She nodded and quickly padded upstairs, deliberately walking around Bobby amd trying her best to avoid him.

His eyes followed after her up the stairs, a little wet with emerging tears. Clearing my throat, I motioned for him to follow me to the balcony, before we both leaned on the railing, letting the wind blow past our face.

"So... Why'd you do that?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

He turned to face me, smiling despite the pain he must be feeling. I knew he would act this way, it was just like Bobby, always putting on a brave, manly front.

But what I didn't know was that his next words were going to cut into my heart, making me bleed with an overwhelming sense of guilt.. He punched my shoulder gently before grinning sadly at me,

"If I hadn't.. Would you be this happy now?"