Chapter Three

Chapter Three~

Where they dropped me off at, there were no creatures. I was thankful for that, it gave me a chance to plan out what I would do and how I would find Captain. I spun in a circle, looking at all my surroundings and saw a group of New Yorkers hudled in a tight corner, hiding from The Chitauri.

"I guess I can start there..." I told myself as I started to run across the street, creating two fireballs in the palms of my hands. As I got closer to the scene, I saw that it was about 20ish people, screaming from four monsters as they inched closer to them. I picked up my pace, even faster and made the fire in my hands grow even bigger and more powerful. I was then about a yard away from the hudle so I unleashed the fire at the first two monsters. With two creatures left, I kicked upwards at one, breaking its jaw and making it fall backwards, while I jumped on the back of the other, grabbing ahold of its neck, and burning through it throat, killing it. I was painting and breathing smoke/ fire the whole time, with my eyes electric green and my hair in flames like it usualy was when I was in intense fighting or in a fire. I turned to see the reactions of the citizens, and let my hair fall back down to the dirty blonde hair, still painting with my cat eyes.

"Who are you?!" demanded the angry and frightened New Yorkers.I was still painting with fire in my hands.

"Uh... I'm Alice." I shrugged my shoulders, slightly disapointed that I didn't have a superhero name like all the others. "Go get to some shelter!" I barked, not wanting to answer anymore questions. One by one they all stood up and ran away, starring at my fire in my hands, and no doubt scared out of their minds of me.

I laughed a little to myself and started to run. My hair transformed into fire again as I blasted The Chitauri in my way as I kept on searching for Captain America.

"Alice?!" questioned Phil Coulson in my ear. "How are you doing?" He said, checking in on me. I cought another creature on fire and did a roll on the street to avoid getting hit by a blast.

"Uh.... Fine I guess?" I answered as I shot another Chitauri.

"Good. Keep it up." he replied back.

After I shot another couple of Chitauri, I finaly saw Captain, fighting alone, about a block away. I picked up my pace, ready to team up with him. When I got closer, a monster had creeped up behind him, but when he turned around to kill it, I gladly nailed it with a ball of fire and Captain starred at me as it burned alive between us. I laughed and let my hair clam down to normal as I walked around the monster, extending a hand in his direction.I laughed at his shocked expression.

"I'm Alice." I told the speechless Captain, still waiting for him to shake my hand.

"Uh... I'm a little afraid to shake your hand after what I just saw." He told me, shaking my hand anyway.  "Who are you?" He politly demanded.

"I'm... uh... well.. Phil Coulson invited me. I'm from North Carolina." I told him, trying to explain myself over all the explosions. "He told me you guys could use a little help." I turned from our conversations and blasted a nearby ememy with a ball of fire, then turned back, waiting for his reaction. He seemed really confused.

"And.. uh the fire?" He asked, painting fom the fight.

"It's a long story.." I told the Captain. We each turned away again ready to fight together now. I kicked a Chitauri again and he protected me from a blast as I shot a ball of fire in the other direction. We were in sync fighting together and helping each other out.

After I caught another Chitauri on fire, I noticed the army died down. A lot. I walked in Captain's direction as we both tried to figure out what was happening.

"Phil?" I asked at my ear peice. "What's going on? Are they surrendering or are we just killing them off?" I questioned.

"Well, it looks like they are closing the portal. The Chitauri is retreating back and stealing the Tesseract." Phil replied.

"Wait what? There stealing the Tesseract?" questioned Captain, hearing the same sentence that Phil reported to all of us. I didn't understand what the deal was. If they retreated than that mean't no more killing, no more fighting, no more war. Wasn't that the goal?