Chapter Twenty-six.

Chapter Twenty-six~

(WOW sorry for not updating in like 465743247 years. But here you go! Thanks to y'all for actually reading!! lakdglkjfdhg you guys are seriously the best ever I love you all thank you!)

The next 30 minuets Loki and I ran all over the place, fighting and saving one another. We killed everything in sight, and no monster was a match for us. I was fighting full on, my hair turned to flames, my eyes changed color, everything was perfect. Loki had even saved Cap from a blast he didn't see coming when we met up with him. He seemed impressed, but Cap didn't want to show it.

"Alice, look!" Loki suddenly shouted. I stopped what I was doing and I couldn't believe it. The portal was slowly shrinking, till it finaly closed. Everything around us dropped to the floor and went limp. The Chitauri was dead. The portal was closed. It was over. The war was over. A strange feeling swept over me, and I could relax my muscles finally. I could hear cheers from inside buildings, as I fell to my knees, overcome with the victorious feeling. 

"Oh my gosh... WE DID IT!" I shouted and laughed. I sprinted to Loki and threw myself into his open arms. He laughed back at me and put his worn hands behind me head, and finaly kissed me. I smiled afterwords and we kept our faces close together. I had my arms around his shoulders, and his were now at my hips. "I can't believe its all over now." I said as I brushed my fingers over the deep cuts on his face. He looked tired and beat, and he almost looked sad.

"And you were incredible out there." He whispered to me. I smiled and he kissed me again, even more pationitally. 

"So what do we do now?" I asked smiling and resting my head on his chest while his arms were holding me. Loki put his chin on the top of my head, and it felt like we were in our own little world. 

"What do you mean? Now or after the celebration is over?" He asked, getting a bit serious.

"Um... Let's start with now." I said quietly, so he couldn't hear my voice crack as I remembered the sadness might be ahead.

"Well, would you like to go on board the Helicarrier? Perhaps that's where the celebration is taking place." Loki said, looking down into my eyes. His face was scratched, tired and bleeding. His hair was all over the place and didn't look anything like before. I wanted to take care of Loki and make sure he wasn't in any pain, because I knew right now he was. 

"That sounds good to me." I replied, giving him a smile. He hugged me in tighter, and then teleported us out off the street, and not two seconds later we were then standing on the runway of the helicarrier. Loki stopped hugging me tightly and just walked beside me, now that we were in front of everyone. I don't think he wanted Thor or anyone to see him showing any affection. I still leaned on him when we walked though, he didn't seem to mind. 

We walked in through the sliding doors, and into the lobby. None of the agents were sitting at their desks anymore, all of them were jumping around and giving each other hugs. Everyone was celebrating and it made me smile just watching them. I even saw Agent Daniels in the corner of the room, and waved at him. He retured with a grin, and then turned to give another agent a hug. Loki did smile as we walked past everyone, an almost evil smile, but I didn't care and neither did anyone else. 

"I DID IT!" Tony suddenly declared as he walked out the lab and into the lobby, not wearing his Iron Man suit anymore. He was carrying a glass of alchohol and lifting it high in the air as if to toast himself. "Well... we did it." He corrected himself, pointing to Bruce walking behind him now. I walked up and gave them each a smile and a hug. Loki just stood behind me while no one interacted with him, which kind of made me sad, so I dragged him around by his hand while we all joined the rest of The Avengers in the other room. 

"Brother!" Thor shouted as soon as we entered the room. He invaided Loki's personal space and hugged him tightly. Loki didn't hug him back, and instead just waited for him to stop. I laughed at them, and greeted everyone else. They were all exhausted and excited at the same time. 

"I can't believe it's finally over." Natasha said first, while everyone nodded their heads and agreed. We all were lounging on the couches and laughing with each other, and it was nice. Loki and I were sitting on our own two person couch, in the corner of the room, while everyone else was just scattered all over the room, not really caring about the seating arrangement. The room was loud and fun, and it felt so comfortable. Eventually other agents came into the room and gave us all wet towels to wipe the blood and sweat (and some tears) from our faces. 

"Wait a second-....Everyone silence your voices..." Thor suddenly and calmly camanded. We all gave him weird looks, but did as he told us, and waited for what he had to say. But he didn't say anything. Then we realized he wanted us to just listen. Then, in the still of the moment, we heard it too. A very, very faint ticking, or beeping noise. 

"Okay.... what's that?" Banner asked quietly. No one replied for a moment or two.

"A watch perhaps?" Clint suggested almost sarcastically. 

"No, I don't believe so." Thor answered not catching on to Clint's tone. Loki and I stood up from the couch, worried, alonge with everyone else now. We all walked around for a bit, crouching and looking underneith furniture for the noise. There was something unselttling about it. 

"Wait, it's getting faster!" Natasha said louder while everyone was quiet to listen. I held Loki's hand now, compltely worried about this mysterious noise.

"Is it... a bomb?" Tony dared to ask. Everyone's eyes were wide open, while we were thinking about Tony's question. We wanted to deny it, but it was obvious. All the agents quickly armed themselves with their guns and weapons, and some even begun to croutch behind furniture. 

Clint suddenly stumbled away from Natasha and in our direction, quiet and still, and gave Loki and I strange, awful looks. "It's coming from you two!!" He announced to the whole room. Agents began to point their guns at us and widen their eyes. The fun casual mood in the room quickly darkned and we all forgot about our celibration.

"What?! No!" Loki tried to defend us. I immediatley let go of Loki's hand and raised mine in surrender to the agents. But their expressions didn't change. 

"No! It's Loki!!" Shouted Bruce as he stumbled away with a disgusted and confused look. Everyone ducked behind furniture and aimed their weapons, aimed his heart. 

"Brother, what's going on!?!" Thor demanded with the hammer raised. 

"I swear to you, I have no idea!" Loki tried. I didn't know what to do. I just backed away more from Loki, and had the exit in sight. Loki began to take off his long, black Asgardian jacket, to try and prove his point that he had nothing on him, but when he threw it over to the corner of the room, we all saw it. The bomb we had all been hearing. It flashed once before we all threw ourselves out of the way and onto the floor. The explosion was taking over the room, and flames danced around us. I heard screams of agents and curses at Loki. Since it was impossable for me to be harmed by the fire and heat, I shielded myself around the nearest humans, and waited for the fire and dust to settle.