Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen~

A bright light from my window, woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and jumped up when I remembered that Loki was just in the other room. I rubbed my eyes again as I flung off my covers off of my body and ran out of bed. I had to stop and lean against the wall becuase I was getting light headed from moving too fast. I ran over to my closet and found something that was more acceptable to wear than my pajamas. I quickly slipped on my tee and a pair of jeans, made sure I looked alright. After brushing my hair and teeth, I quietly opened the door, not sure if Loki was asleep still or not. I walked out into the living room, and saw nothing but the empty couch and empty space. Okay so no Loki in the Living room. I turned my head to the kitchen and again saw nothing. Well, I guess he's still sleeping. I didn't want to open the bedroom door though to check, incase he was half dressed or in the middle of. I could use this time to go grab us donuts or muffins or something. I grabbed my keys off of the counter and headed to the door, but noticed Loki's boots were gone. I started to panic, and opened the door to look outside. No Loki. I slammed the door shut and ran to Olivia's bedroom. The bed was neatly made and it looked better than it had before, but Loki wasn't there either.

"Loki?" I shouted inside the house. I paused, and waited for a response, but there wasn't one. "Loki!?" I asked again but I knew it was pointless. I exhailed a breath of smoke and fell down on the couch. Where did he go? I grabbed my phone off the side table next to me and noticed I had six missed calls from Savannah. Crap. I sucked at answering my phone. I sighed and tried to think of what to do. I didn't want to call Savannah, it hadn't been very fun talking to them last time. Then suddenley my heart sank as the door opened and Loki slowly walked in.

"Oh, your up." He said smiling and handing me a paper bag. He calmly unlaced him boots and set them down nicly against the wall.

"Wha-...Wher- Where were you!!?" I asked trying to calm down, but it didn't work. "I woke up and you were gone!"

"I just wanted to get us breakfast... S.H.I.E.L.D. gave me some extra money and I used it to get us muffins." He explained calmly. I felt bad for yelling at him. He was being so thoughful.

"...oh..well... just let me know next time you leave..." I told him. He didn't look at me, and instead just kept his head low. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout... I just don't want something to happen to you.." I told him, trying to make it better. Loki picked his head up and held me in his arms. I felt his heart beating and him breathing.

"I'm sorry..." Loki told me. I just closed my eyes and let him hold me. I didn't want him to let go, but of course he did. I sighed and opened the paper bag and began eating the muffin he got me. I fell down on the couch, very relaxed, but my meal was interupted by my phone ringing.

"Who could that be..." I asked myself outloud, Loki put down his breakfast to watch me as I answered it.

"....Hello?" I asked with a mouthfull of muffin.

"Alice!! Why haven't you answered your phone? Are you still coming tonight?" Savannah now shouted in my ear. I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands. I had totally forgotten. Savannah was having a fancy dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday which had been last week, but she was out of town and couldn't do it then. She had been planning this for the whole month. If I didn't go to it then it would kill her. I sighed and realized there was no way out of it.

"Um.. Yeah- yes I will be there. But can I bring a guest?" I asked hopefully and meeting eyes with Loki.

"....I guess... Kate and Hannah are bringing a date, I suppose you could too..." She asked sounding a little disapointed. A date...I thought about that for a second. I like the sound of that. 

"Yes! Thank you! I'll see you tonight!" I shouted and discontected the call before she could change her mind. I slammed down the phone and looked at the curious Loki.

"Please don't tell me that was your loud group of mortals you call 'friends'." He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

"I'm sorry but we have to go to a dinner party tonight.... It will be fun?" I tried to be positive but we both knew it would be dreadful. "I'm sorry? But at least you can come with me!" I leaned over and gave Loki a hug. He exhailed and hugged me back.