Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight~

Alone with Loki again. No one asked for any help from either of us so we went out to the runway again and watched everyone repair and work.

"Are you going to end up doing something evil or stupid?" I just flat out asked him. Loki smiled at the question but kept his eyes on the employees working.

"I don't know." He honestly said laughing a little. "I need to get on everyone's good side though. I'm sure they all would love me dead." Loki said in a diffrent tone, talking about the six Avengers and S.H.E.I.L.D. agents. It kind of made me sad, hearing him admit it out loud. It almost felt as if I was talking to someone who knew their death was near. I couldn't believe all the agents trusted Loki enough to let him roam free in their base. They all had shot at him and tried their best to kill him, and now it was if no one remembered it. None of them fully trusted him though, he had a reputation as the King of lies. He seemed like he was still in pain though, I don't blame him. He was hurt pretty bad. I couldn't help but notice his jaw line, and how sharp it was, along with his cheekbones. His hair was diffrent, black as night and slick, going down to his shoulders. His green eyes would peirce me in the heart, everytime he looked at me, so deep and full of emotion. I thought he looked handsome and sad at the same time. What? What was I doing? I can't like Loki. I won't like Loki. We're only a team. That's how it needs to be.

"So what should we do now? Everyone else is busy, I think they want you to keep me from doing anything bad." He smiled at me, laughing at himself, as I joined in. I was glad he finaly said something to interupt my thoughts.

"We could....." I had no idea what we could do. It was true, they sent me to 'babysit' Loki all day, they knew I gained his trust, and knew I could protect myself easy if he turned on me. But I was sure that he wouldn't. I was his only friend now, maybe besides Thor, if he count. "Ummmm.... We could..." I began again. "Maybe.... go for a walk around the boat?" I stood up and extended a hand to help him up. He gladly took it, and I noticed his hand was freezing. Or maybe I was just too warm, as usuall. I think my regular body temp. was 5 degress higher than everyone else. When he had stood up, he brushed off the dirt and dust off his Asgardian clothing, and made sure everything was proper. I raised my eyebrows at him, making fun, and when he saw my expression, he laughed and rolled his eyes at me as we headed to the other side of the runway, now with a lighter mood.