Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five~

I was so close to Loki now, standing on the street, and I would have gave him a gentle kiss, but I was interupted by all members of the Avengers but Bruce because he was on the helicarrier trying to figure out how to close the portal. 

"Brother! You're back!" Thor shouted with a huge smile as he ruffled Loki's hair. Loki immidiatly looked like he wanted to strangle Thor for doing that. He muttered something and quickly slicked his black hair back the way it was while everyone else sort of watched and laughed. 

"Alright well... any ideas on what to do next?" Natasha said while trying to gain her breath from the fight.       

"I'm not exatly sure how much longer we can keep this going." Captain joined in. Everyone agreed. They all seemed exhausted and ready to quit, but explosions and screams behind us reminded us not to. 

"We need to keep fighting until that portal is closed. Anyone know if Bruce has it yet?" Asked Clint. 

"No, we just talked to him. He may be close though." Loki answered, trying to be helpful. Everyone kind of ignored him anyway. Because of reflex, I leaned over and gave him a little kiss on the cheek, just to let him know that I was at least listening, but my face immidiatly turned bright red as I realized I had just done that in front of everyone. Thor's face quickly seemed amused and excited, along with everyone else. 

"Oh are you two...." Captain asked smiling. 

"What?! Oh um... yeah kind of..." I answered completly embarrased. I kept my eyes fixed on the ground and didn't dare look into anyone's eyes. I had no idea what Loki was thinking but he kept quiet. Thor was about to burst into laughter from all of this. 

"Oh, so he is capable of love." Tony commented quietly to Steve. They both laughed to each other as Loki rolled his eyes at them and said something to himself.

Soon after the jokes and embarrasment, we got back to fighting and Loki even joked to me about that. At least we had gotten over telling everyone about us. That was the only good that came out of that. Everyone was all spred out again, all over the city fighting, and Loki and I were now on top of a building with me throwing balls of fire at everything, and Loki launching throwing knives in all directions. We were in sync, fighting together, saving one another from blasts and hits. I knew we were untouchable and unstopable. We were fighting non stop for what I guessed to be an hour. I was exhausted and in despreate need of a break. Loki was in much better shape than me, him being a god and all, but I knew he was tired too. We had began stumbleing and we had quit talking between each other. My footsteps were not as quick as before, and my throws were not as powerfull either. 

"Loki... we need to stop. I can't do this forever." I said between breaths. His hair was all over the place now, lots of stray peices and bearly curved at the ends. He was painting and his throws wern't as strong either. 

"I know darling, but there's nothing we can do about it. Take a break if you like, I'll fight for you." He offered. I couldn't help but to smile. Just because he said that it made me continue fighting even harder. 

"How sweet." I said back. He turned to give me a slight smile. My heart then nearly stopped because of Thor, who came flying in, from what it seemed like no where. He slammed down hard on the building, and I could feel it shake from the landing

"LOKI!" Thor shouted excited and tired. "BROTHER! Banner has figured out how to close the portal!" He told him with a smile. He grabbed Loki's slender shoulders and shook them when he talked. Loki would have been excited too, if he hadn't had done that. I joined them and stood next to Loki, facing Thor. 

"How?" I asked first, dying the fire I was holding in my hands. 

"He knows where the Tesseract is located, and he will have to destroy it to close the portal." Thor told me. 

"Wait, but don't we need the Tesseract to go back to Asgard?" Loki asked quietly and worried for the answer.

"Well yes... but... We will find another way Brother, this is the only solution to save Midgard." He answered with a dispointed smile. I still didn't know if this made Loki happy or sad. I knew he didn't really want to go back to Asgard, it wasn't really his home anymore. Thor of course very badly wanted to return with his brother. 

"Okay, what do we need to do Thor?" I asked, trying to get off the subject. 

"Banner and Stark are closing it now, I believe. We just need to kill of the Chitauri that are already here." He answered me. 

"Alright sounds good. Leave that to us." I answered looking at Loki. He gave me a smile in return, and reached his thin hand out in my direction. I gladly took it, and after he pulled me into his arms and into a hugging position, he teleported us off the roof and to the busy streets to continue fighting.