Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-Two~

Soon, all of The Avengers were spred out all over my little town. I didn't really know where most of them were, but Thor was still next to me on the ground, helping me fight. Every once in a while, my jacket or pants would catch on fire, because I wasn't wearing my fire-proof S.H.I.E.L.D. black, skin tight suit like Natasha and all the other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were. Knowing Loki was gone, made me want to fall on the floor, and let the enemy beat me up till I couldn't feel anything anymore, but The Avengers and I were the only ones who could protect this town. I kept fighting on, harder and harder, burning everything, and screaming with pain and anger.

Loki was missing. That was the only thing I could think about while I was fighting. He was missing and in danger and I couldn't even help him. Another Chitauri took a swing at me, but I burned its face off before it reached me. I punched and kicked everything near me, Thor was launching his hammer too, careful not to hit me. We were fighting together and I knew we were both thinking the same thing.

"Thor," I begun while we were busy fighting. "We need to find Loki, fast." He turned around to me.

"But we cannot stop fighting." He reminded me. I gritted my teeth, knowing this was true and kicked The Chitauri harder. I was getting out of breath.

"Maybe if we talk to Phil Coulson or Nick Fury, we can convince them its for the better if we search for him." I suggested. Thor continued to fight and thought about it, but soon exhailed and turned to me. "Maybe, Loki can help us close the portal...? He opened it the first time..?" I tried to suggest things I would say to get Nick or Phil to let me go find Loki, but I knew they were pathetic. Thor gave it one last thought, and finally spoke.

"I don't like that Loki is in danger... So I shall fly you up to the helicarrier to talk to Coulson and Fury." He told me, extending his hand towards me. I smiled, glad that he carried that much for his brother. I tightly held onto him while he swung the hammer, getting ready to lunch us in the air. "Hold on." He told him with his deep voice, while he tightly held onto me as we flew straight up from the street , and away from The Chitauri. My heart was beating so much faster, as the veiw from below was getting smaller and smaller. I never realized how high up the floating fortress was. I closed my eyes, as we bagan to slow down in the air. Thankfully, we had reached the helicarrier. Thor let go of me, safely onto the stable landing deck, but I stumbled a lot, and couldn't recover quick enough from the fast flight. Thor grinned at me, but quickly waved goodbye as he flew off the helicarrier and went back down to the streets to fight again.

I stood on the deck for a while before walking inside. It was only me now. The Avengers had no idea I wasn't fighting right now, no one knew I was up here besides Thor. Nerves flooded my thoughts as I gained the courage to walk inside and talk to Nick and Coulson. I breathed a breath of smoke before entering the main room, which made me feel slightly better. As soon as I was in, Nick was there, ready to shout and question me for not fighting. I quickly explained what hapened with Loki, before he could say anything to me. I was repeating myself and panicking and stuttering my words. I was terrified inside that he would deny my request to save Loki. After I gave him my reasons to save Loki and go into 'The Other', he stopped and thought about it.

"Fine." He said in his deep voice. I smiled as soon as it regestered through my brain that I was going to get Loki. "But I'm not letting you go alone." Nick Fury told me. I stopped smiling and wondered what he ment. He turned away from me and shouted at an agent sitting at a computer. "Agent Daniels." He demanded. A suprised, skinny and dark haired man quickly stood up and stood in front of Fury.

"Yes, sir." He said, standing straight tall.

"You are to help Alice, as she goes into 'The Other'." He faced quickly turned pale, thinking about the unknown darkness of the realm. "And you will find and retreive Loki, unharmed. Is that clear?" He barked at him. Agent Daniels' eyes widened when he heard Loki's name. It kind of made me laugh inside.