Chapter 17

The next morning, I woke up still wrapped in Paul's arm, but being kicked in the stomach.

“Claire, stop,” I mumbled without opening my eyes.

“No, never,” she said.

“Emily,” I yelled. I felt Paul tense up at the sound of me yelling.

“What's wrong?” Sam asked,walking into my room.

“Your niece is kicking me. Take her and feed her,” I said.

“Come here Claire,” Sam said, walking over to my bed and picking Claire up.

“No wanna go,” she said, kicking me again.

“Claire,” I groaned, doubling over a little. The little brat such packs some punch.

“Want Momma,” she whined. Sam had picked her up and was carrying her downstairs as she screamed about wanting Melody.

“If our kids ever act like that,” Paul mumbled as I turned in his arms to face him.

“They aren't going to be spoiled brats,” I said. He kissed my nose before smiling at me.

“Good because I don't want our kids to be heathens,” he said.

I kissed his cheek before responding. “They won't.”

“What do you wanna do today?” He asked. “Sam gave me the day off.”

“Let's go out,” I said.

“Taylor did say something when we were talking the other day about wanting to go on an actual double date,” he said.

“Yeah, I know Bobby's been complaining to him about it a lot,” I said.

“Should I be concerned that you're so close to Bobby?” Paul asked sarcastically.

“Ha ha. He's gay and I'm not a dude,” I said.

“I'm glad to hear that,” he said, kissing me quickly.

“I love you Paul,” I said.

“I love you too, babygirl,” he said.

“I should probably go shower,” I said, standing up and hopping over to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top before grabbing my crutches and making my way to the bathroom.

When I went back to my room to get my prosthetic, Paul was asleep on my bed again. I kissed his forehead before heading over to the chair at my vanity and pulling my prosthetic on. I ripped a brush through my hair, deciding to leave it down.

“There's the Cyborg,” Quil taunted as I made my way into the kitchen.

“Not quite, but good try,” I said. “Where Embry and Alex?”

“Embry's place,” Quil said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Gross,” I said. “I do not need to know what those eyebrows are implying.”

“Well, you asked,” he said.

“You're right, I did, but next time leave out the part about my twin having sex,” I said. “It's weird.”

“Fine, just don't ask in the future,” he said.

“Fine I won't,” I said before sticking my tongue out at Quil.

“Stop acting like children,” Emily chided.

“Momma Em,” Quil said. “We are children.”

“You're both 16 years old. Knock it off,” she said.

“Yes, ma'am,” I said sarcastically.

“You, lose the attitude or you won't leave the house until you're 30,” she said.

“Ouch, that's a little harsh,” I said. “Guess I'll just get married here, and live here with my husband, and have my kids here.”

“Yeah, not happening,” she said.

“Sounds good,” I said, taking a muffin and starting to eat.

The rest of the morning we all just joked around about anything and everything. About 10:00, Paul finally made his way downstairs.

“Hey, babe,” I said, smiling at him happily.

“Hey, beautiful,” he said, kissing my forehead.

“How'd you sleep?” I asked.

“Great,” he said. I smiled at him as he headed off to find something to eat.

“Babe,” Paul yelled for me from the kitchen.

“What's up?” I asked, walking out to where he was standing with a muffin half gone already.

“Taylor and Bobby want to know if we wanna go to lunch and then catch a movie,” he said.

“Sure,” I said. “Why not?”

“Oh, and Bobby wants to carpool,” he said.

“Okay,” I said. “Did he say why?”

“Something about he wants to maximize our time together,” Paul said. “It sounded weird.”

“Bobby's a sweetheart,” I said. “He probably just enjoys being around other people.”

“Yeah, maybe,” he said. I rolled my eyes at Paul but he caught it.

“You didn't just roll your eyes at me did you babygirl?” He asked.

“What? No, I would never,” I said, laughing the whole time which told him I was lying.

“And now you're lying to me too. I'm hurt,” he said faking like he was offended.

“You'll get over it,” I said.

“You might wanna go get ready. Tay's going to be here in half an hour to pick us up."