Chapter 61

"Dessy, Dessy," Claire yelled, running into my bedroom the next morning. The memories of the night before came flooding back to me.

We had all stayed up until midnight to watch the ball drop. Well, the pups who had yet to imprint stayed up to watch the ball drop. The other guys had different plans. Shortly before midnight, Kim and Jared left because they were "tired".

At 11:59, Paul got my attention away from the TV and pulled me into the kitchen. The second we were out of sight, his lips met mine. He lifted me up to sit on the counter without breaking the kiss. He kept deepening the kiss, refusing to stop until we literally could not breath.

"Sorry, I just wanted to end the old year and start this one perfectly," he mumbled, our lips barely millimeters apart.

"Don't be. It was perfect," I said. He closed the gap and pecked my lips quickly. Someone clearing their throat had him jumping back as I blushed a deep red.

"Sorry to interrupt; but one: that was gross; and two: I need a glass," Seth said.

"Here bud," Paul said, grabbing a cup from the cupboard behind my head as I ducked down. Seth ran over, grabbed the glass, and left us alone.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Paul asked.

"Sure," I said, kissing his cheek as he helped me down from the counter.

"Aunt Dessy, did you here anything I just said?" Claire sassed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No, hon. I didn't. I'm sorry," I said.

"I said that it's Paul birthday. We gotta celebrate," she said.

"Alright. Why don't you head downstairs and I'll wake him up and we'll be down in a minute," I said.

"Okay, but if you're not there soon I'm coming back," she said.

"Alright hon," I said as she climbed down from my bed and ran back downstairs. I grabbed his gift from my nightstand and just laid there for a second.

I rolled onto my side as best as I could with Paul's arms still around me.

"Hey, babe," I said softly. I brought my right hand up to his cheek and ran my thumb across his cheek gently.

"We don't have to go downstairs do we?" He asked softly, his voice slightly hoarse from sleeping.

"Eventually, but first, I got you something," I said.

"Why?" He asked. He hated getting gifts because he always thinks that their handouts or something similar.

"Because it's your birthday," I said.

"Gross," he responded, finally opening his eyes.

"Well, you're still taking this cause I said you were," I said.

"Fine babe. What is it?" He asked. I held up the leather bracelet that matched one I had already clasped to my wrist.

"You're so cliche," he said, sliding the bracelet onto his wrist.

"You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if I wasn't being cliche," I said.

"That is true," he said, leaning down and kissing me gently.

"Thank you babygirl," he said as he pulled apart from the kiss.

"Anything for the love of my life," I said, causing him to groan as if he were in pain.

"Stop, no more cliches," he groaned. I rolled my eyes at him since I knew he was messing with me.

"No can do," I said, kissing his cheek before sitting up and rubbing my eyes to try and actually wake up.

"Do we have to go downstairs?" He complained. 

"Yes, Paul, we do. I promised Claire we'd be down in a minute," I said.

"Why do you do this to me?" He complained.

"Because it's ten am. Get your lazy butt out of bed," I said.

"Your lazy butt is still in bed babe," he said. I got up and headed downstairs, knowing he'd follow me.