Chapter 55

"Paul, babe. Remember the first time we met. I think you stared at me for a solid minute, and you kind creeped me out. It's okay though, because I love you and you're cute," I said. "You saved me Paul. I was slipping downward from the abuse I'd endured with Kyle and loosing my parents and all of a sudden, you were there. My life line. I've never loved anyone as much as you because even when you're annoying me and making me angry, you always manage to do something cute that changes my mood instantly. You've stuck with me through everything and I love you so much because of it."

"Try to keep him happy," Sam whispered lowly, hoping Paul wouldn't hear. I nodded, and moved my hand to his.

"Be careful," Carlisle said lightly.

"I will. How bad is it?" I asked.

"I'm gonna start rebreaking bones, so maybe you should talk to him," Carlisle said. I nodded and turned back to Paul.

"Paul, remember that date we went on to the movies when we met Taylor and Bobby. Well, Bobby texted me," I said. As I spoke, Carlisle rebroke and properly set the first bone. Paul screamed in pain, so I scooted as close to the bed as I could get and shushed him gently.

"Taylor and Bobby, they're getting married this summer. They want us there, obviously. Bobby was so excited when I told him I'd talk to you about it," I said. "They're moving-." Paul screamed again. Carlisle looked at me to continue talking so he could continue.

"They're moving back to the area too. I don't know what happened, but Taylor's taking over all of his Dad's-," I was interrupted by yet another agonizing scream.

"Taylor inherited his Dad's businesses and stuff. Do you remember the time Taylor got us into the movies and it was just the four of us? That-." Paul screamed the worst yet, and I had to physically try to not flinch away and run out of the room. It was physically hurting me to sit here and listen to Paul in so much pain.

"That double date was amazing. Then there was that date where we got cider, and you got the slushie and got me that hot apple cider and said something about maybe it'd warm my hands up so they weren't a shock to your system," I said, smiling fondly at the memories.

"One last bone, okay Paul?" Carlisle said.

"Just get it over and done with," he said, obviously in an insane amount of pain.

"Paul, babe. There's something I've wanted to tell you about. Our wedding, that, ya know, is bound to happen. I've had dreams about it. It's going to be so, so beautiful," I said. "Everything is going to be amazing. The colors were gold, burgundy, and navy. It was absolutely perfect, babe. I've dreamed about it so much. I've woken up wrapped in your arms, feeling like we're married and wishing we were. I can't wait Paul, because I love you-." As if Carlisle had timed the rebreak with my words, Paul screamed in agony and the worst was over.

Carlisle set about casting the bones that needed it as quickly as possible.

"Go ahead and say your I love yous and whatnots. I'm going to talk to Sam in the hallway and then come give Paul some morphine. You can kiss him, but be extremely careful," Carlisle said.

"Thank you," I said. He nodded once before stepping into the hallway with Sam.

"Hey, babe," I said softly.

"I love you. I know that wasn't easy for you," he said.

"I love you too, Paul," I said. "What happened?"

"One of the Dracula brothers went after one of the pups. I don't know what he did to antagonise it, but I went to take the leech out and his brother attacked me. Luckily, Carlisle and Emmett got them to stop before they killed me," he said.

"Paul, I really hate that you just have to be the hero, but I really love you for it too," I said. I kissed his lips gently before the door opened and I pulled away.