Chapter 71

"Aunt Dessy, get up, get up. You're marrying Uncle Paul today," Claire yelled. I smiled at her, opening my eyes slowly, only to remember the empty bed.

"I'm up young one," I said. She grabbed my hand and sat me up. I got up, grabbing my crutches and hobbling downstairs. Sam had taken all of the guys to Paul's house to get ready, so it was just the girls here.

"Eat something," Emily said, handing me a bottle of water and a small muffin.

"Yes ma'am," I said. I ate quickly as she coaxed Claire into the tub for a quick bath.

"Ready?" Kim asked as she grabbed her makeup kit.

"Yeah, I guess," I said. She began working on my makeup as she played some music through her speakers.

"Are you nervous?" She asked.

"Insanely," I said. My phone went off a couple times.

"What was that?" Kim asked. I grabbed my phone, opening it quickly.

New Message From: Paul😘😘

Babygirl, you gotta calm down. Your anxiety is giving me anxiety. I love you. You don't have to be anxious. I'll be right there the whole time.

"So," Kim prodded. I quickly sent an "I love you too" text to Paul.

"Just Paul. He's trying to get me to calm down," I said.

"Jared does the same thing," she said, smiling at the memories of her love.

After a few hours, we all were completely ready to go, so we headed down to the beach. Sam had set up a little tent for all of us girls to hang out in so that we weren't seen by the guys early.

"It's time," Alex said, walking into the tent. The other girls all headed out to walk down the aisle. Alex took my hand, wrapping his arm around mine so he could give me away.

"Thank you Alex," I said.

"Anything for my favourite twin," he said, causing me to giggle quietly and roll my eyes. As we reached the aisle, my nerves skyrocketed. Everyone was turned looking at me, causing my cheeks to heat up. I don't like being the center of attention. I turned, meeting Paul's eyes and it all washed away. I know how incredibly cliche that sounds, but it's more true than anything else. He's my rock, so meeting his eyes honestly washed my nerves right away.

"Who gives away the bride?" Billy asked, smiling at me as he nodded.

"I, her twin brother, sir," Alex said, kissing my cheek before handing me off to Paul.

"You look stunning," Paul said, holding my hands.

"Thanks. So do you," I whispered back. He smiled at me, staring at me so intently that we both missed what Billy was saying. We exchanged the stereotypical vows, deciding that they fit what we wanted to say to each other.

"Do you, Paul Johnathan Lahote, take Destiny Rose Young to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Billy asked.

"I do," Paul said.

"And do you, Destiny Rose Young, take Paul Johnathan Lahote to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Billy asked.

"I do," I said, smiling brighter than I had the rest of the day.

"You may kiss your bride," Billy said. Paul leaned down, pressing his forehead to mine. He paused long enough to whisper, "I love you," before kissing me.

He pulled away, smiling a true smile that made his eyes glitter.

"I love you babydoll," he said.

"I love you too," I said. He grabbed my hand and turned out towards the others, leading me back down the aisle and off to where we were taking pictures.

A/N: I know if you've read my other Paul Lahote Fanfic, his middle name was Ethan. His middle name isn't ever given in the books or movies, so I just make it up as I go. Sorry 🤷🤷
   -Erynn