Chapter 67

It's now May 30, aka Graduation Day. The last month has been hectic as my high school career ended, but I was looking forward to the rest of my life.

I glanced at my appearance in the mirror one last time as my nerves finally set in. I was the salutatorian, so I had to give a speech that I was really nervous about.

My bedroom door opening snapped me out of my thoughts and back to reality. My eyes instinctively traveled to the source of the sound, and sure enough, Paul was standing there looking at me. He must've sensed my nerves because he didn't say anything at all. Instead, he sat on the bed and motioned me over. I headed over and sat down beside him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What're you nervous about babygirl?" He asked softly.

"Just the speech I have to read," I said.

"You'll do amazing. If you get nervous, just look at me and it'll all melt away," he said. I wanted to hate him for putting it that way but I couldn't because I knew he was right.

"Thanks, babe," I said.

"Come on, we've got to leave. I'm driving though so you can ride with me if you like," he said.

"You mean I won't have to put up with Sam and Emily or Embry and Alex," I said, faking enthusiasm.

"Let's go," he said, rolling his eyes at me slightly as a smile grew on his face. He stood up and took my hand, leading me out to his truck. He opened the passenger side door for me and "helped" me in. In other words, he stood there with the door open until I was in the truck and he could kiss me.

When we arrived at the school, we were greeted by the principal and guidance counselor.

"Paul Lahote, that's a face I never thought I'd see again," the principal joked.

"Believe me sir, I'd rather not be back in here," Paul said, referring to the school building. I couldn't say I blamed him for not wanting to be here.

"Oh the things we men do for women," the principal said causing Paul to chuckle slightly. We headed down to the auditorium and I kissed Paul goodbye before heading off to where I had to be for the ceremony.

(A/N: Sorry, but I really don't feel like writing out an entire graduation ceremony. It's just a typical run of the mill graduation anyways.)

The ceremony went off without a hitch. Afterwards, we had to line the hallway so everyone could say how proud they were of us even though they didn't know all of us. After the last people finally made there way down the hallway, we were dismissed. We had to go retrieve our belongings, but we were free to go. Alex and I headed off together to find Paul and Embry. Embry had barely managed to graduate with us, but he did it.

"Babe," Paul said, gaining my attention away from Embry and Alex's conversation. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"Do you know how insanely proud I am of you? Like, despite everything you've been through you still managed to graduate on time and be second in the class," he said.

"Thank you babe. I wouldn't have done it without you. I'm not saying that to be cliche or anything. I seriously mean it. Without you I would've dropped out or died or something," I said.

"I love you too baby girl," he said, kissing the top of my head. Our hug was cut short by Sam and Emily wanting to hug me.

That night as I laid in bed wrapped in Paul's arms, I realized something truly amazing. The rest of my life was beginning and I was going to get to spend every second of it with Paul.