Childhood friend

It all started that day when she would always visit the gym, not just to see her brother but someone which reminds her of a boy back in her childhood days.

One day, Akashi was inside the school gym, analyzing the data Momoi gave inside the locker room, alone, he heard something noisy, outside, yet he didn't mind,he continued reading.

"Sei-chan~!" Tetsumi barged inside the room, smiling widely.

"Sei-cha--" he furrowed his eyebrows, "Excuse me, Tetsumi.. If you are one of Ryouta's fangirls, he's already off. Practice time is over.. And who gave you the permission to trespass here even though there is no practice already? And who gave you the permission to call me in such impolite and...... childish manner?"

Tetsumi blinked a few times, "uh.... the teacher said that I'll have to help in the council since....." she paused and looked away. "punishment......"

"Does this look like council work? It is 'being-me-as-a-captain' work." -Akashi

"uhm... I might be mistaken.. gomen" she bows politely then turns away toward the door, she was a bit sad on how he acts on her.

Akashi looked at her as she leaves,"You forgot something..."

She stops and turns back to him. "Eh? I forgot something ?" she blinks a few times and starts searching the floor "what did I forget?"

He showed her her handerchief.

She went towad him and took the handerchief. "Arigato Sei-chan" she said, smiling.

His eyebrow twitched as she calls him in that name "But still.... that name is preposterous."

"I think it's cute" she pouted.

"No it is not. So refrain from calling me that way." -Akashi

Just then he heard that the gym gates and windows are slowly being closed he stood up, "We better take our leave right now."

Tetsumi nodded, agreeing with him. "Well we should before we---

Suddenly they heard the loud lock of the gym's main gate with the lights already closed, Akashi looked around, "This is bad..."

She was surprised as it started to get dark, she at once grabbed the tip of his shirt. "S-Se-Se-...A-Akashi-kun...."

He looked at her and sighs, "This is a big problem..." he gets his cellphone and tries to contact anyone from the outside, "... The signal is off..."

".. I-I'm not good with dark places desu... My eyes can't see when it's dark..." -Tetsumi

"I noticed that when I saw you.... You can't even find the handkerchief lying beside your feet.." he was using his phone as flashlight. "I'll go to the main gate and find out if there is still someone who can help us.. It is up to you if you will follow me or not..." he starts walking to the gate.

"w-wait for me..." she follows him, still holding the tip of his uniform.

He gave out a sigh "... You are like a child acting in your age...." he was also looking in the midst of darkness using his phone, looking for the main gate.

"b-but... I don't like it when it's dark... j-just don't leave my side ..." -Tetsumi

He once again gave out a sigh and sat on the court and faces her while sitting with her. "See this?" he shows the light of his phone, " It is not dark right? And besides, I am here with you so there is no need to be scared, neh?" he smiles gently at her, "We'll survive the night. All you need to do is believe."

She nods slightly, "... hai.. if you say so... then i will...." she smiled as she release her hold from his uniform.

"Now stay here. hold the cellphone and I will try to break through the gate, okay?" he waited for her answer before he leaves her.