Chapter 14

Assalam-u-alaikum n Hi everyone!!!

“And give to the women (whom you marry) their mahr (obligatory bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good hear; but if they of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm (as ALLAH has made it lawful). 
                   (al-Nisaa’ 4:4)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Haroon POV:

I reached my home after giving her  piece of my mind as I made her agree for the rukhsati. She had to agree because there was no valid reason to denying it. right

I parked my car and popped out. I then entered from wooden door and ambled to living room where all were sitting.

All were having serious expressions. I gave them befuddle look as I sat on settee.

"Haroon beta we have to postpone your wedding till next year because Hooria is not ready for the marriag". As Dada jan sadly told, to say that I was shocked, it would be an understatement.

I mean how come its possible when she phoned them in front of me when I told her to call her parents.

I wrinkled my eyebrows together as Irmisha spoke, "Bhai we will find another girl for you. If not Hooria Api then other girl. I could reckon that her voice was full of Sorrow.

"The thought of not becoming Hooria's mine making me restless.  I  was not understanding why this  feeling bothered me to the core. My heart clenched at the thought of itself.

My hands curled up into fist as I looked all of them to find any expressions on their faces but their were none.

How can it be done when I made sure that she fully agree with it, then how can it possible.

They are definitely joking around here.

Irmisha snapped her fingers in front of me to gaining my attention as I was in state of marvel that I didn't notice that I was being called by Irmisha.

"Mom seems someone is in state of daze as if their senses have been knocked out ". She sniggered and I threw glare daggers at her through my eyes.

"What don't give me look like that bhai I didn't do any thing just look at yourself bhai you look like your whole world crushing down. She chortled and everyone started laughing and I narrowed my eyes at  her.

"Oh Haroon beta we didn't knew that you are so eager for the marriage or".. as Dad were saying when Misha interrupted him in the middle of sentence.

"No Dad I think Bhai is already head over heels with Hooria Bhabi, you should have seen Bhai's face when I said that we will find other girl for him". She bellowed with amusement and Dad brust out laughingly soon everyone too joined him. I turned crimson with embarrassment. I scratched my neck and looked down but their laughter weren't subside. I shooted glare dagger at her through my eyes.

Well she is bhothani(witch) for some odd reason. "Seriously in love" I chuckled at that thought.

Acha bs (ok engouh) stop teasing my son You both father and daughter.
"You know Haroon beta your soon to be bride agree to have rukhsati on the same day".

Well I had a hunch that they were joking and I was right.

My Mom confirmed told me as her eyes glistening with merriment and happiness lacing through her voice  which was telling me how much she was happy for all this.