Chapter 14

"WHAT?!?!?!" I yelled at my dad. "You heard your father Nicki," Layla said with a smirk. "SHUT UP!!!" "Nicki, calm down and sit down," my dad said. I sighed and sat back down. "Dad, why would you suspend me? I didn't even do anything," I asked. "Layla said that you started the fight." "That's bullshit Dad. I didn't start it." "Watch your language. And if you didn't start it, then who did?" "She did." "No I didn't," Layla said. "Yeah you did. Who flirted with Jon in front of me? You did. Who kissed Jon in front of me? You did. It was all you. Not me," I replied. I was getting sick and tired of all of this.

"Layla, you flirted and kissed Jon in front of Nicki?" my dad asked her. "Yeah. So?" "You do realize that Nicki and Jon are engaged right?" "Seriously?" she asked in disbelief. "Yeah. We are," I told her. "Who on earth would want to marry you?" "You know what Layla? I'm really close on beating your ass right now. I love Jon and he loves me. Stay away from the both of us and I won't beat your sorry ass," I said. "Nicki, you really need to calm down," Dad said. "Dad, you should also know that she thinks my championship is hers. It's mine," I mentioned. "Okay then. Layla, next week, you get your chance. Nicki, you're putting your title on the line against Layla." "What?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me right now?!?!" "No. I'm not. And besides, you've had the title for over about a month and a half and you haven't had a title match in a while." "Fine." "Thank you so much Paul. And Nicki, you don't have to worry about me anymore. When I win the title, I'll be out of your hair," Layla said then left. I faced my dad.

"Dad, do you have any idea what you just did?" I asked. "Yes. I do." "You do know she's gonna try really hard to get in my head so I can lost the championship right?" He sighed. "I understand that. But you're not gonna lose." "How do you know that?" "Nicki, you're my daughter. I know you very well. If you want, you can use my finished. I'll even be at ringside for you with Jon." "Okay. And you'll really let me use your finisher? You know I haven't used it in a while," I said. He just nodded. I smiled a little. "Thanks Dad." "You're welcome." "Can I leave now?" "Are you gonna attack Layla?" "I promise I won't attack Layla. I'll go straight to the shield's locker room," I assured him. "Alright. You can leave." I nodded and got up. Before I left, I turned towards my dad. "And Dad?" "Yeah Nicki?" "I'm not suspended am I?" He sighed. "No. You're not." I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much Dad. And next week, I won't disappoint you." "Okay." I left his office and went back to the locker room. I walked inside and saw Jon, Joe, and Colby still there.

"Hey guys. I thought you would've gone back to the hotel by now," I said closing the door before sitting down next to Jon. "We wanted to make sure you were okay before we left. We don't leave a shield member behind," Jon said putting his arm around me. I smiled. "Thanks guys." They nodded. "So what did Paul want?" Joe asked. "First he said he was suspending me for two weeks, then Layla and I started arguing, and long story short, Layla and I have a match next week for my title and I'm not suspended," I explained. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Colby asked. "That's exactly what I said. And no. I'm not." "So now what?" Jon asked. "If she wins, she'll leave us alone. If I win, she continues to get in our way. Well, at least that's what I'm predicting. And next week, my dad said he was gonna be at ringside for me. Jon, he said you can be at ring side too," I answered. "I'll be there for you baby girl. Don't worry." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thanks Jon. I love you." "I love you too baby."