4

Alex wished her heart would stop instead of race when the demons hurried out of the cellar and closed the door. Blake stood close to her again and she tried to step back, away from him. But even if the shackles would've allowed it, the wall was right behind her. Blake let her try, and when she stuck her back to the wall, he slid a lazy finger along her collar bone.

"Aren't you classy," she growled.

Blake smiled wider, his finger sliding down by her flannel's collar. "Classy? I'm a demon, dear. A demon in a fully-functional man's body that just acquired a pretty woman as his new pet."

"Son of a bitch!" she snarled, still trying to squirm away from him.

Blake huffed. "Mind your manners, Miss Corban."

He grabbed Alex's face and pressed his mouth against hers. She froze, eyes wide open, struggling to keep her lips together. But he forced them apart, and she gagged when he stuck his tongue into her mouth. He pulled away soon to smile at her again.

"You only have permission to say, 'yes', 'please' and 'thank you'. And you'll call me 'sir'," he said, his face still inches away from hers.

Alex glared up at him and opened her mouth to insult him. No sound came out. Blake chuckled at her shock.

"Now stay put."

She couldn't move anymore. At least she could close her eyes tightly when he started undoing the buttons to her flannel in no hurry. And she screamed inside when one of his hands slid under the fabric and down her back.

This isn't happening, she told herself. This isn't happening to me. It's happening to somebody else. His hand moved further down and she tried to move just out of instinct. A burning pain spread like a fire inside her muscles, surely to keep her from even trying again. Yet it wasn't painful enough to spare her from feeling him touching her. This isn't happening. This isn't me. This is someone else's body.

"Look at me."

She loathed her own eyes when they opened and met his and his awful little smile.

I'm not here. This isn't me. This is happening to somebody else.

His free hand pushed her chin up gently. At least she wasn't forced to hold his eyes anymore. But she would've done it again gladly when she felt his tongue on her neck. His hand left her chin to slip under her flannel and her bra. She set her jaw, desperately trying to push her mind away from what was happening to her. She thought of the family pictures on the mantelpiece, and the rosebush by the front door that needed an early trimming. She tried to recall the taste of Claire's Three Creams cake.

"Don't fight it," whispered Blake, his mouth still to her neck. "Relax and enjoy it."

Oh, shit! She felt her muscles loosen and all of a sudden she was painfully aware of every inch of her own body, incapable of shifting her focus from it. At least she was allowed to shut her eyes tight, as burning tears rolled down her pale cheeks. There was no fighting it. There was no fighting him. He'd said nothing but the truth: he owned her. She was his new pet, for him to do whatever he wanted.

"Here," he said, taking a step back.

Alex's head came down at his command, forcing her to meet his eyes once more while he buttoned her flannel.

He scoffed at her teary glare and clenched teeth. "You know? Despite what the lore says, we demons don't read mind. So all those names you're calling me in your head? None of it gets to me." He stepped further back to grab his glass of wine and raised it at her. "Don't worry, my dear. We're having some more quality time later tonight."

Alex didn't know if there was a name for what his words made her feel, something so past fear, horror, revulsion, desperation. She shivered from head to toes, refusing to even think about it.

Blake gulped up the last sip of wine and reached out to caress her face, visibly enjoying the way she cringed. "Cheer up. I'll be back after dinner."

Alex held her breath, watching him stroll across the cellar and out the door. Tears rained down as soon as she was left alone.