School

Short a/n: Yes I'm finally editing this book. Not changing the story at all, just fixing grammar mistakes. Keep in mind I wrote this as a smol, dumb 7th grader and now, as of 2017, I am a junior in high school. New readers/re-readers-I will write "{edited}" at the very beginning of each chapter that I have edited. If I have not edited one yet, you may correct my mistakes in that chapter IF they have not already been corrected. Thank you everyone and enjoy :)
---
{edited}

What should I wear? I thought to myself as I looked through my closet. Today was my first day of 12th grade at a new school, and I didn't want to screw up my first impression.

I had moved during summer break because of my dad's job, and it kind of sucked. I was leaving the little friends that I had and it's hard for me to make new ones because I'm really shy when I'm in a new environment, and I'm too scared to introduce myself to anyone on my own.

I finally picked out a light blue shirt and black skinny jeans with red vans. I didn't want to stand out too much with wild colors, nor look "emo" with too many dark colors. Before I left I slipped on my black jacket and then headed out the door.

I decided to walk because I lived pretty close to the school. And I would get some peaceful alone time before I had to deal with other humans.

There were a lot more people here than at my old school. The hallways were very crowded. I walked up the stairs to my first class. I was halfway down the hallway when I realized that I had no idea where I was going. I only knew to go upstairs because that's all I remembered from senior orientation.

I was about to pull out my schedule when someone bumped into me. I turned around to find a guy about my height with a greenish blue mohawk and dark brown eyes. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie with black vans.

"Oh, sorry. My bad man" he said. He looked at me strange then asked, "are you new here?"

"Um, yeah actually." I said adjusting the strap of my book bag nervously.

"Here, let me see your schedule and I'll help you find your first class."

"Ok." I handed him my schedule and he looked over it. He was taking longer than I wanted him to though and I started getting anxious about being late to my first class. 

"Oh cool, we have some of the same classes together," he said and handed me my schedule back.

"Okay." I wasn't used to this much talking with a random stranger that I just met. Especially one with blue hair.

"I'm Josh by the way." He extended his hand.

"Tyler." I said, and with that we walked to my first class.

"You don't talk much do ya." Josh said as we got to the room.

I shrugged a little and didn't say anything. Josh just looked away as we walked into the classroom to take our seats.

Maybe this won't be such a bad year after all.

__
Vote and Comment if you liked it!