My Own Decision

Maybe I'd be able to figure it out tomorrow after I got some sleep. I adjusted myself around Yuri and fell asleep while I hugged her. It took some time for me to clear my head, but I managed to fall asleep.

I woke up to my alarm at 6:30. I had it set for school, but since it was summer, it was nothing more than a nuisance. I turned it off and rolled back to sleep. I don't know if Yuri woke up, but I was too tired to check at the moment.

I later woke up again. 11:27. Yuri was sitting next to me and reading her book. She was dressed in her third outfit, a black long sleeve with her black skinny jeans. I guess she wanted to be ready for the day.

I stretched and sat up. "Good morning, Yuri."

She looked up from her book and smiled at me. "Good morning Danny."

"Did you sleep well?"

She nodded. "Mhmm."

"Ah, good." I got up and headed out the door.

"Where are you going," she asked.

"I don't know. Gonna get some cereal or something."

She got up and smiled at me. "How about I make us some tea?"

"Oh well, that would be nice."

I headed to the kitchen, but Yuri headed outside. I really wasn't sure what to think of it, but I didn't really worry. She was older than me, after all, it's not like I needed to look after her like she was a child. I got a tea packet from one of the cabinets and waited for Yuri to come back. After about a minute or so, she came back with a bunch of leaves.

"What are those," I asked.

"They're for the tea. I honestly didn't think you'd have them, but I saw them growing right outside."

I didn't even know those were there.

"Oh well, nice," I said.

"Do you have pot we could use?"

I didn't really have anything specific for tea, like a tea cups and a tea pot. I gave her a regular pot and I placed two mugs on the counter. After she put the water on top of the oven to boil, we sat at the table. She started reading and I started thinking to myself.

The sleep didn't help me with my decision. I kind of wanted to ask Yuri about it, but I also didn't want her to be involved with my problems. It'd also be easier to spare the explanation anyway. I was hoping that my subconscious could help me out, maybe throw a dream of what I really wanted, but all I drew was a blank.

I also had to be at the hospital at 4:30 with my brother. We needed to discuss the life insurance policy with our mom and a lawyer.

I'm sure it'll all work out. Besides, I had Yuri by my side, so it couldn't be all bad. In fact, I think today will be a good day.

After a while, Yuri and I heard the water boiling. We both headed to the kitchen and I helped her pour the water into the mugs. She insisted on doing it, but I didn't want her to burn herself. After the tea was poured, we headed back to the table. Instead of opening her book, however, Yuri just looked at me.

"Something on your mind, Yuri?"

She smiled. "I really like your eyes."

I giggled. "Thank you, Yuri. But compared to yours, mine are nothing."

"It's like they change color. In the room, they looked blue, but now, they look gray."

"Ah well, I guess it's based on the lighting. Sometimes they look gray, sometimes blue, and sometimes green."

"Well they look pretty either way."

"You'll didn't my eye color on anybody, but yours are purple! They're unique, and I'm really liking it."

She blushed. "Thank you."

We slowly drank our tea. Yuri continued to read and I continued to think.

Okay, so let's think about this again. Helping Cain could be a huge benefit. It wouldn't only benefit me, but it'd benefit my family. We could get protection, and people like Kyle wouldn't mess with us anymore. But I'm also not one to betray friends... I'd hate to betray Roland. I sighed. I need to-

"Danny?"

"Huh? Oh, yes Yuri?"

"You sighed. Is everything okay?"

"Oh yeah. I'm just thinking about something. Personal stuff and the like."

"Oh okay." She went back to reading. I continued to think.

I need to protect my family. I'm gonna have to let Roland and the gang go. I'm not just gonna tell Brandon what I'm doing though. If he calls, I'm just gonna let go to voicemail. I'll let him figure it out on his own.

So it's decided. I'm joining the Blood Angels.

I continued to drink my tea. Yuri's cup was empty, but she continued to read at the table. I guess she was waiting for me.

I soon finished my tea. After putting my cup in the sink, I headed to Mike's room to check on him. He was still asleep, so I just grabbed some clothes and took a shower. Yuri headed back to the guest room to wait for me.

After my shower, I decided that it'd be a good time to call Cain and let him know my decision.

I called Cain and he answered soon after.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cain. I decided that I'll be joining the Blood Angels."

"Sweet. Come by later on today and we'll get you set up."

"Actually, I think I'll be heading there right now."

"Okay. I'll see you soon then.

He hung up. Better now than later, right? I headed back to the guest room to let Yuri know that I would be heading out.

"Hey Yuri, I'm gonna need to go soon. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Oh okay. Well, I'll be here when you get back."

She seemed a little disappointed. I got Monika's phone from one of my drawers and handed it to her.

"Here. You can use this to text me if you want. It should already be connected to the WiFi."

She slowly took the phone from my hand. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. There's also some games on it if you get bored. You know how to text, right?"

She nodded for confirmation. I sent her a quick text message to make sure that she could receive them. She responded by sending one back.

"Alright, good. I'll see you later, Yuri."

She got up and hugged me. "Bye Danny. Be back soon."

"I will, Yuri. Just text me if you need anything."

We broke the hug and I grabbed my pistol and knife from the side of the TV. I concealed both of them and headed to my car.