Contradicting Myself

I later woke up in a somewhat uncomfortable position. Well, most of my body was. I felt like my head was lying on something nice while the rest of my body was lying on something hard. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was lying in the park. I suddenly felt something go through my hair. I immediately turned to see what it was. When I did, I was greeted by Yuri's smile, causing me to calm down instantly she was running her fingers through my hair while I lied on her lap.

"Hi," she gently said.

I slowly sat up on the bench. "Yuri, what are we doing here?"

"I wanted to show you something."

You too?

"Well uh, okay."

She stood up and approached the pond. I approached it with her. We looked down and observed our reflections in the water. They soon started to change into a clear image. The image started playing like a video, but with no sound. I watched the video and thought about what memory it was supposed to be representing.

"What exactly is this," I asked.

"It's when we first started dating."

I looked at the video some more and saw some things that would prove that. She was playing with her hair a bunch and she kept blushing a lot. It was a common thing for her, but it seemed like she was doing it a lot more on that day.

Yuri then lightly giggled. "I remember this."

I looked back at the video and saw Yuri with a crazy smile. I remembered that too. She desperately looked for something on herself.

"I felt so overwhelmed with emotion, but I had no way to release it."

Danny suddenly grabbed Yuri's shoulders in the memory. She started to calm down before giving him a quick kiss.

"When you held my shoulders, I felt a sense of love and security. I still felt shy, but I wanted to thank you, as well as release some of the emotions, so I kissed you. It was a quick kiss, but it helped."

"Wow... I remember all of this. It's so weird seeing it again like a video. Why exactly did you want to show me this?"

"Because you wanted to see it."

"What?"

"This is what you wanted me to show you."

"But, you told me you wanted to show me something."

"I did. I wanted to show you your chosen memory."

"I mean, I guess. But why?"

"Because you told me that you felt like we belonged together." She held my hand. "Do you still feel that way?"

"Yes, I do."

"I love you Danny. You know that right?"

"Yes, I do. I love you too Yuri."

"Danny..." she started to tear up.

"Yuri?"

She threw herself onto me and hugged me. "You wouldn't put anyone between us would you?"

"No, of course not."

"If you were given the chance to be with ——————, would you take it?"

I didn't hear a name, but I was sure I knew who she was talking about.

"I..."

It was very subtle, but I could tell she started to cry a little more after I seemed hesitant.

I hugged her tighter and nodded. "No, I wouldn't. You mean everything to me Yuri. I'd never choose anyone over you."

She looked at me and smiled with tears in her eyes. "Thank you."

I hugged her again. During our hug, I felt something slowly pulling me away. I did my best to hold on to Yuri, but the force was too strong. I felt myself flying at a great speed before suddenly hitting something behind me.