Hello, Yuri

I broke out silent eye contact with a quick kiss.

"I love you, Yuri. Don't ever forget that."

"I love you too, Danny."

I brought her into my arms and gave her the hug she needed. I wanted her to know that she was the only one for me, and that no one else would get in between us.

Not even ——————.

Yuri started breathing heavily. I moved her head to look at her and saw tears in her eyes.

"Yuri, what's wrong?"

"I just, I just feel unsure."

I hugged her again. "Don't feel unsure, my love. I'll always love you. I'll always be here to hug you and to give you comfort when you need it. I'll be here for as long as you're with me."

There was no point in saying "forever." She wouldn't be here that long.

She continued to cry on my shoulder. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, but I didn't care. I just wanted to comfort my girlfriend right now.

After a couple of minutes, she started to calm down. She looked at me, her purple eyes shining.

"Are you feeling, better?"

She threw herself onto my shoulder again and nodded. "I really do love you, Danny."

"And I really love you, Yuri. I'd do anything to see you smile." I let her go and looked at her. "So what do you want me to do?"

She wiped her eyes. "What?"

"What can I do to make you smile?"

She sniffled and wiped her eyes again. "Do you promise to stay with me?"

I nodded and smiled. "I promise, Yuri."

She gave me a gentle smile as she sniffled again. "That's good enough for me."

I gave her one more hug, just to give her the reassurance. After we broke the hug, I gave her a kiss on the cheek and handed her, her book, which was on the bed. She slowly opened it and  continued to read it. I took this time to check my phone, since I had received something earlier.

It was a text from an unknown number, telling me that "we need to talk." I texted back asking them who they were.

In less than a minute, they messaged me again telling me that their name was Jared and that they were part of the Blood Angels.

"Well hey Jared, what's up?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What about? I can meet you at the hangout if you want."

"I can't today, I'm on business. But maybe tomorrow."

"What exactly do you need?"

"I think it's best I tell you in person."

"I mean, if you say so. Just text me tomorrow when you're ready."

"Okay."

I left the message on read and looked back at Yuri. She was calmly reading her book, just like she should be. It was nice to see that she was feeling better.

But I myself, wasn't feeling all that well.

I couldn't get my mind off of her. Forgetting her wasn't something I could do in an instant. For some reason, it was like the more I tried to forget, the more difficult it became. Maybe I'd forget with time, who knows?

I left to the living room and turned on the TV. Maybe a little bit of "My Name is Earl" would ease my mind. I loved that show too.

I put the second season on my PlayStation and let it play. I enjoyed it for a little while, but I still felt distracted by my earlier thoughts. Nonetheless, I tried to focus on the show anyway.