Relaxation

I later woke up to a gentle movement on my shoulder. I slowly turned and saw Yuri. She was already dressed for the day with her Metallica shirt and leggings, so she must've been awake for some time already.

"Yuri?"

"Danny, it's already the afternoon..."

I slowly sat up. "Ah, sorry about that. When I got up, you were still asleep so I decided to take a nap. I guess it went a lot longer than I expected."

"It's okay, I slept pretty late too."

"It's all good. How are you feeling?"

"Well I feel pretty tired, but I think it's because I overslept."

"Ah well it's cool. I guess we can just relax for the rest of the day. I don't really feel like doing much either."

I felt somewhat drained. That dream about Monika... it really got to me. I felt depressed knowing that I wouldn't be able to see her anymore. I didn't really have the energy to do anything. I just wanted to lie down and die.

I needed my Monika back.

Ah, but I had to move on. I couldn't just keep waiting for something that wouldn't happen. At least my dreams seemed real enough. I could spend time with her there, even if it wasn't actually her.

I turned to Yuri, who was lying down and using her phone. Moving on shouldn't be all that difficult. I mean, I was with Yuri now. Yuri and I are like...

Dammit! Why do I suck at analogies?

Well Yuri and I pretty much belong together. Or well I'd like to think so. But I did feel that way about Monika also, so I may be wrong.

Honestly, what am I doing? I should just be focusing on Yuri. She doesn't have much time left, so why am I wasting it? I should go ahead and hang out with her as much as possible. But first, I needed to talk to Keith. I needed to make sure Yuri was by the computer at all times in case of anything.

I took my phone and out and left the room. Yuri looked at me as I left, but she didn't say anything. I went ahead and called Keith. He answered soon after.

"Hey Keith."

"Hey Danny, what's up?"

"Hey man, would it be alright if Yuri and I stayed at your house for the weekend? I think she's gonna go through the same thing as Monika."

"Oh yeah sure, but I'm not there right now. There's a key in the plant next to the door though."

"Alright, thanks Keith."

"No problem, Danny. If you need anything else, give me a call, okay?"

"Okay, I'll see ya bud."

"See ya."

I went back to the room with Yuri. She was still using her phone, but her eyes showed that she was sleepy.

"Hey Yuri. Keith said we can relax at his house. I thought it'd be nice since no one's there right now."

She slowly got up and smiled. "Okay, let's go."

I grabbed my keys and weapons and headed to my siblings room to let them know that I'd be at Keith's house for a bit. After giving our farewells, Yuri and I headed to the car to go to Keith's apartment. When we got there, I got the key from the plant and opened the door. Just like Keith said, no one was there.

I led Yuri up to Keith's room and lied her in his bed.

"You can rest here if you'd like. I'm sure you're probably feeling tired."

"A little, but we can go do something if you'd like."

"It's alright, you can rest. I actually feel pretty tired, myself, so I'll be lying down in a bit."

She gently smiled. "Alright. I'm gonna go ahead and go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight Yuri."

I sat on the couch and leaned my head on the cushion. It was a comfortable couch, I liked to sleep on it quite often. I wouldn't really use it to think, but right now, I didn't really have much else to do. I wanted to spend time with Yuri, but I knew that was feeling weak. Her skin was paling and her eyes were graying. Even though I didn't really notice it earlier, I knew it was happening. I just allowed myself to fall into my thoughts. My mind filled with memories of Yuri while I slowly tried to convince myself that I didn't need Monika anymore. And with that, I slowly started to fall asleep.

Wait, I can't sleep yet. I gotta lie down with her! Yes... that'll make the memories and feelings that much more desirable.

I got into bed with Yuri and hugged her. I guess she wasn't asleep yet, since she hugged me back.

And now with that, I began to fall asleep.