Free Time?

I woke up and checked my phone. It was 9:37 and I had a message from Roland. Dammit... did Brandon go back? Would I have to kill him this time?

I unlocked my phone and read the message. It was a short paragraph.

"Cain called and told me what happened. The gangs disappointed. I'm disappointed. How could you do that to us? You were like our brother. We helped you find Kyle and we even gave you our only gun. I had a lot of respect for you, but not anymore. Just be glad we ain't coming for you, but if you need something, don't come crying to us. You ain't a brotha anymore."

I just left it on read. I didn't need to respond, there was no point in keeping contact with them. Cain probably told them because he wanted them to know not to mess with him or something. I didn't want to create anymore conflict between the two gangs, since it would probably just result in Roland's gang dying in the end.

Ah, but It's whatever really. Brandon was out there somewhere, and Roland's gang shouldn't be in any danger anymore. The Blood Angels were protecting my family, and I'm able to get jobs for good pay. I'm sure there were better ways this could've turned out, but this was pretty good.

I went to my brothers room to get some clothes. I took a shower and brushed my teeth so that I could be ready for the day.

After I was done, I sat on the couch and watched some TV. I didn't want to wake up Yuri, since I didn't really enjoy being woken up by other people and I was pretty sure she'd feel the same way.

While I was watching TV, I received a message from Keith. I wouldn't have expected him to message me at eleven, considering he woke up at six in the afternoon a couple of days ago.

"Hey Danny," the message said.

"Hey Keith, what's up?"

"I wanted to check up on you. I haven't seen you since you left on Saturday."

"Yeah I've been fine. How about you?"

"I've been good. How's Yuri?"

"She's alright too."

"Ah well that's good. I just wanted to remind you that if you need help with anything, I'm here."

"I appreciate that Keith."

"Alright well, I'll let you go, I need to help dad with something. Maybe we can hang out soon?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright nice. I'll see you later Danny."

"See ya Keith."

I put the phone down and continued to watch TV. After about twenty more minutes, I got bored and turned it off. Honestly, it seemed like I didn't really have much to do today. Maybe I could use it to spend some time with Yuri? Of course! What could be better?

I headed to the guest room and saw Yuri still asleep. I decided to just lie with her and just wait for her to wake up.

I didn't feel tired when I entered the room, but lying next to Yuri was making me feel comfortable, which in turn was putting me to sleep. Ah but a little sleep wouldn't hurt. Sleeping next to Yuri was a good way to start the day anyway.

I later woke up again. I checked my phone and saw some more messages, but I was too tired to check them. I also saw Yuri dressed in her Metallica shirt and leggings while reading her book. As I got up, she smiled at me.

"Good afternoon, Danny."

I stretched. "Afternoon? What time is it?"

She checked her phone. "2:02."

Shoot, I didn't expect to nap for that long.

I looked at my phone again and looked at the messages. I had one from Maegan and one from Cain. I decided to look at the one from Maegan first since well, she was one of my best friends. Maegan's message read,

"Hey Danny. I was wondering if you were busy today. Maybe we could hang out or something, I don't know."

I was hoping to spend the day with Yuri, but I mean, a little hangout wouldn't hurt, right?

Right?

I went to Cain's message and checked it out. It read,

"Hey Danny. I just wanted to let you know that I told Brandon's gang about what you did. Don't be alarmed though, they said they wouldn't come after you. I told them that if they tried anything, that I would have them all killed the next day. I really appreciate what you did. Keep in touch."

No work today, which was good. It allowed me to have some free time. I looked at Yuri and smiled at her.

"Hey Yuri, would you want to do something today?"

She smiled back. "I'm fine with anything as long as it's with you." She blushed as she finished her sentence. I wonder if she was still feeling shy around me.

"Is there anything certain you'd like to do?"

"Hmm... I don't really have in mind at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to do?"

"I'm honestly not sure either. But I mean, maybe I could take you... shopping? Like, you're into horror, right? Maybe I could get you a horror story from the book store. I'm pretty sure the one you're reading isn't horror based.

"Well I do like horror, but I am enjoying the book you got me."

"Ah well, that's good. But maybe you could have another one for when you finish that one."

"Well it would be nice to know that there's another book waiting for me."

"Alright then, we'll go to the book store."

I got my keys and headed to the car with Yuri. I left my pistol in one of the dressers drawers since I probably wouldn't need it. I did however, bring a knife. It was part of my everyday carry, and I rarely ever left it behind.

On the way to the mall, I started thinking about how I'd plan my day. Would I make time for Yuri now and spend time with Maegan later? Or would I just spend all day with Yuri?

(Make Your Choi-

No, I think I got this. I'll just see how the day plays out. If we end up at home not doing much, I'll spend time with Maegan. If it gets late, then I'll already have spent the day with Yuri! I got this!