I See It Now

I later woke up. I felt comfortable, but I didn't feel like I was lying down. I felt like I was sitting up.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was at the park again. This seemed to be a popular spot for my mind. I would've expected my back to ache after falling asleep on the bench, but it didn't. In fact, I actually felt pretty good.

As I was about to stand up, I heard the trees moving. Monika soon came out of from them and started approaching me. She smiled at me and took a seat next to me.

"So how'd it go," she asked.

"It uh, went alright I guess."

"I know you've been doing a lot of thinking."

"Well yeah. My minds creating images that don't seem to understand. Like I saw a blurry photo when we were in the car that one time."

"Yeah I remember that."

"And then I had a dream where I was freaking out and I saw Yuri or something. Then I was pushed into an abyss, where I saw a large red '1.'"

"So it was just the blurry image and the '1?'"

"Yup. But I'm not sure what they mean."

She patted me on the back. "I'm honestly not sure myself, but maybe you should take a look into your mind and see if you can find anything."

She smiled and glanced at the water. I assumed she wanted me to look into it.

I got up and approached the water. I looked into it and saw something forming.

The words.

The water started to turn completely black. It didn't even look like water anymore. It just looked like a pitch black. The words slowly took form as the water blackened. They were soon completely visible and legible.

"Choose One..."

"...Delete the other?"

I looked back at Monika, hoping I could get an explanation, but she wasn't there. It seemed as though she just vanished. I looked back at the water. The message was gone. The water wasn't even black anymore. It was bright, consisting of many colors. It soon showed an image of what looked like Keith's computer screen.

I finally knew what the message meant. I had to make a choice. My mind was telling me that I had to choose one. I wasn't really sure how I was gonna make the decision, but I guess I was gonna have to.

I sat back on the bench. My eyes slowly started to close. After a little, they felt like they wanted to open.

I found myself in Keith's room, lying in bed alone. There was no sign of Monika or Yuri, so I knew this was real.

I went to the computer and turned it on. Instead of asking me for a password, it just started immediately. I opened the files for "After Story" and saw three things.

"Monika.chr"

"Yuri.chr"

And a folder labeled "1."

I checked the folder. There was nothing inside, so I went back to the character files. I assumed that I had to delete one of the files and put the remaining one in the folder. Easy enough. The hard part was choosing which one I'd keep.

I guess it would all come down to how I felt, what experiences I shared, and who I felt I couldn't live without. I had feelings for both, but from what it seemed, I could only pick one. Every decision I've made with either one would have an effect on what I do now, and what would happen later. Whether or not I regret my decision, I'd have to live with it. I sit here at the computer, thinking about who I want to stay with. Who I really feel like I need in my life. They have both been there for me, but it seemed like I had no choice. I was gonna have to go with one. I had to choose.

So who will it be?
Monika
Or
Yuri

(Make Your Choice)