Sad Truth

You see, Yuri is a really sweet girl. I've grown quite an attachment to her, even though I've been busy with other things. She's still on my mind quite often, and I care for her very much. If memory serves right however, then I know I also felt the same way for ——————. And well, I'm sure we all know how that ended up.

It's a cycle of depression that I won't be able to cope with. I'm not just gonna throw her away, but part of me thinks I should so that I can try and break the attachment before she disappears. If I managed to do so, then I wouldn't be so depressed when she finally has to go.

But who just throws away a perfect girl like Yuri? She was such an interesting female, there probably wasn't anyone else like her. And those purple eyes... I could stare into them for hours.

You know, maybe instead of trying to forget her, I could try and make the most of my time with her. Either way, I'd be depressed when she finally had to go. I might as well be happy with her while she was still here.

I went to the guest room with Yuri. I sat next to her and gave her another hug. She smiled and put her phone down to hug me back.

"Ah Yuri, I just wanna be as close to you as possible."

"Aww Danny, I do too."

She put her phone in her pocket and we both lied on the bed and cuddled. I wanted to spend time with her and maybe watch a movie or something.

Hey you know, that's not a bad idea.

"Hey Yuri, you wanna watch a movie?"

She smiled. "Sure."

She went to the cabinet to pick out another movie.

"Do you want to watch another horror movie, or..."

"Whichever is fine. I guess the one that looks the most interesting."

She soon picked out a movie. After putting it on, she lied back down on the bed next to me, where we continued to cuddle.

As I saw the title screen, I chuckled. "You put Child's Play?"

"Well it looked somewhat interesting. Is it bad?"

"No, no it's bad. I mean, I don't think it is, I personally like it. But it's not really scary if that's what you were going for."

"Is it interesting?"

"Well, I mean, I guess that depends on what you're into. But let's check it out, maybe you'll like it."

We proceeded to watch the movie. I had seen it many times, so It didn't really interest me as much as it used to. I actually started to feel tired, so I allowed myself to fall asleep. Yuri just continued to watch the movie.

I later woke up to a noise, although I immediately recognized it. Yuri was breathing heavily and holding her hand on her chest. What was going on wasn't very surprising to me, but what I was surprised about was how quickly it happened.

Had it already been this long? After this, she'd be alive for a couple more days before being taken back into the computer. Ah... just like Monika.

It didn't matter how hard I tried to forget. I couldn't. I couldn't forget about my darling Monika.

I sat up and put my hand on top of Yuri 's.

"It's alright, Yuri. It's gonna hurt for a bit, but it'll go away."

"What's happening to me?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but it also happened Monika. Just keep breathing, It'll be over soon."

She continued to breath while I held my hand on hers. I knew that this was only temporary, but seeing Yuri in pain was too much. I felt my heart rate rise and my eyes water as I saw her struggle through the pain. My poor girlfriend was hurt, and there was nothing I could do but wait.

After a couple of minutes, her breathing slowed. She started to calm down.

"Are you feeling better," I asked.

"Yes, I think so."

"That's good. I think we should be heading off to bed, it's pretty late."

She checked her phone. "Okay."

We lied in bed and hugged each other. I slowly started to fall asleep in the comfort and warmth of Yuri's hug.