Not Really Sure

I continued to wonder what I should do. I was sure on one thing though.

I wasn't gonna act oblivious to the situation. I gotta be sure I can calm her down and let her know what's going on. The only thing I was conflicted about now was when I was gonna tell her.

It felt more logical to wait until the glitching and such started happening, but my mind was leaning towards telling her in when she woke up, or at least down time after. I felt like it'd be better to prepare her for it, even if it was pretty scary. At least she'll know what's going on when her body started glitching.

Yeah, I'll go ahead and tell her in the morning.

I got comfortable and did my best to clear my head so that I could fall asleep.

Slowly and slowly drifting off to sleep.

I later woke up. I moved around a bit and noticed Yuri was not lying next to me. I opened my eyes and saw that I was no longer in Keith's room. I was in the guest room of my house. I sat up and looked around a bit.

The door suddenly swung open. Monika came in, and smiled at me.

"Good morning, Danny. Did you sleep well?"

"Uhh... I guess."

She giggled. "Trick question! You're still asleep."

That explains why you're here.

"Ah well, I was guessing that. So like, what am I doing here?"

"Follow me, we're gonna talk for a bit."

I got up from the bed and followed her out of the room. We didn't end up in my living room, however. The door just led us outside.

"Where are we going," I asked.

"To the park." She suddenly tossed me my keys. "You're driving."

I chuckled as I caught the keys. "Who else?"

When we got to the car, I started trying to think about things, but my mind just drew a blank. It was like I couldn't think. But at the same time, I could. My mind created it's own vivid images, but I couldn't see them. I could feel them, but I didn't know they were there.

Or something like that. Explaining things was always my weakness.

"So, is the park where it's supposed to be? Or..."

"Keep going straight. You'll see it."

I pressed on the gas and the car moved. No need to put it in drive or even start it. As I was driving, I saw all the turns being made, but I just kept going straight.

We were soon in the parking lot. The car parked itself and the doors unlocked for us. I attempted to take out the keys, but I realized that I never put them in the ignition. They just kinda disappeared.

Monika and I exited the car and I followed her down the trail. I soon realized that we were going to that one spot. The spot I liked.

Once we got to the trees that blocked off the path, Monika walked through them like they were just long blades of grass. I attempted to do the same, but they stayed in place like normal trees would.

Wait... this is my Dream! Why can't I do that?

I went through the trees and saw Monika staring at the water. I stood next to her.

"I'm sure you know that tomorrow's the day," she said.

"Yeah."

"Are you worried?"

"I don't know. I mean, I remember the pain you went through when it happened. And well, it was heartbreaking. I honestly didn't think we'd ever see each other again."

"Well we're here now, aren't we?"

"I guess."

We just continued to stare at the water. It slowly started to distort into an image. My heart dropped at the sight of it.

It was Monika lying dead on the bed. No video, no sound. It was just a still image of her lying on the bed, lifeless.

"Why are you showing me this?"

"It's gonna happen again. You might as well prepare for it."

She didn't seem shocked at the image. She just continued to smile.

I looked back at the water. The image started to change. It soon became something else. Something much nicer.

It was a picture of Monika and I posing for a picture. I didn't remember it at all, but it still made me happy nonetheless.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek and into the water. I somehow didn't notice it on my face. I saw ripples spread throughout the water as the tear hit it. They weren't only coming from my tear.

I looked at Monika and saw that her smile had disappeared. Her cheek shined with the line that the tear left behind.

"I'd give anything to be with you again," she quietly said.

Sadness quickly grew upon me. I really did miss Monika, no matter how much I tried to deny it.

"Monika..."

I moved closer to her and try to grab her hand, but I wasn't able to. My hand went through hers and caused it to turn into dust. A gust of wind flew by and took the rest of her as a bunch of dusty particles.

I suddenly heard the trees rustling. I looked over and saw Yuri slowly approaching me.

"Yuri."

She smiled. "Hi Danny."

"What are you doing here?"

She grabbed my hand and looked at the water. Nothing changed within it.

"What are we supposed to be looking at," I asked.

"There's nothing to see yet."

"What do you mean?"

The water suddenly started to change. All I saw was Keith's room. Nothing odd about it. Just his room and furniture. There was no one in the picture.

"So... what about Keith's room?"

"I only know as much as you do."

"Really? Then why-"

She her finger over my lip. "Shh. Don't question it."

I listened to her and kept my mouth shut as I continued to stare at the water. I suddenly felt Yuri let go of my hand. As she did, I felt myself losing balance. I slowly started to tilt towards the water. Inching closer and closer...

I suddenly jumped in my bed. My heart was pounding and my breathing was quick. I took some time to calm down and noticed that I woke up Yuri with my overreaction.

I guess I'll be telling her soon.