Saturday Night

I soon woke up. The sun was no longer shining and the sky was dark, only being lit by the moon. I checked my phone and saw that it was eleven o'clock. I slept quite a bit...

Even though I had slept for a while, it couldn't really compare to how much Yuri was sleeping.

Hell, she was still asleep.

I kind of wanted to try and wake her up, but what good would that be? Poor girl was slowly dying without even knowing it. And if I were to wake her up, how would she feel about being woken up at eleven at night? Probably not that great...

But I really wanted to spend time with her before she was taken away. Maybe I should go ahead and wake her up.

I approached Yuri and slowly moved her arm. It took a little while, but she finally opened her eyes and turned to me.

"Yuri?"

"Danny?" She looked around. "What time is it?"

"Uh, its eleven..."

Her eyes widened, but she still looked sleepy.

"Eleven? Did I sleep all day?"

"Well I mean, yeah. But it's okay! We could spend the night together since you slept all day. You should be full of energy."

"Well..."

I knew she wasn't going to be, but I didn't want to give that away. Faking confidence is the key.

"I still feel pretty tired, but I'm gonna try to stay awake. I feel like I'm sleepy because my body is getting used to doing nothing."

She lightly giggled. "It seems like you want me to go to sleep. You're not hiding something from me, are you?"

I don't know why, but that caught me off guard.

"No, of course not! I've spent most of my time sleeping also. I just woke up a couple of minutes ago."

"So you slept all day too?"

"Yup."

She smiled. "Well I guess I don't mind the fact that I slept all day if we were sleeping together."

"There you go! Hey like, you wanna maybe watch a movie or something? We can just chill for a while before going back to bed since it's late."

"Yes, I'd like that."

I looked through Keith's movies and put on "Vacation." I heard it's pretty funny, so I was hoping Yuri would enjoy it. I know she's into horror, but Keith didn't have any horror movies.

Yuri and I sat on the bed, against the wall with pillows cushioning our backs. She leaned her head on my shoulder while we watched the movie.

I was enjoying the movie. It was actually pretty funny. Yuri on the other hand, seemed to be struggling to stay awake. I could see her trying to keep her eyes open.

"Yuri if you're sleepy, we could finish watching the movie tomorrow."

"No, it's fine. I can stay awake."

I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

"It's all good. I know you're falling asleep. We'll finish it in the morning, okay?"

She smiled and adjusted herself on the bed. "Okay."

I lied next to her and got comfortable. "Goodnight, Yuri."

"Goodnight Danny."

Yuri slowly fell asleep, but I was having trouble sleeping. My mind was feeling pretty active at the moment. Probably because I slept all day.

I was a little conflicted on whether I should tell Yuri about what was happening to her, or just continue acting oblivious to what was going on. Either way, she would find out. Part of me was afraid that she'd freak out once her clothes fall of and she stopped being able to feel. But would she really believe me if I told her that was going to happen? If she did... how would she react? I don't know how I'd feel if someone told me I was gonna die tomorrow.

So I could either tell her what's going on, or pretend like I don't really notice. Or maybe I could tell her at a different time? Here's what I got. Should I...

Tell her tomorrow when she wakes up?
Tell her when major things start happening?
Or
Never tell her?

(Make Your Choice)