Ten

Vicky's Pov

What was I thinking? I let him kiss me and dammit, it felt so good. It felt better than anything I've ever experienced. It almost felt like coming up for air, after I've been drowning for so long.

I wanted him to stay, I wanted him not to let go. But I couldn't find the words. I couldn't move. I still felt his arms around me and his lips on mine. His lip ring was cool against my mouth when I pulled it in, I flicked it with my tongue and I could feel the cool melt warm from my mouth.

Why did I let him leave? The better question may be why didn't I stop him? Why did I even allow him to kiss me in the first place? My body is on fire and everything is heated and at war with itself.

My mind is swirling and I can barely hold myself up. I walk into my bedroom and curl up on the bed. I stare at the wall, replaying the kiss over and over in my mind. My eyes feel heavy and I give in to sleep, as my finger lingers on my lips.

When I wake up, my phone is ringing from the lounge. It's very quiet in the apartment. I check my clock and it tells me that it's nearly 12. I'm supposed to meet my sister for lunch at one. I roll off my bed, surprised I'm still in last night's dress as I walk to the lounge. I pick up my phone and find five texts, two from my sister about lunch and how I shouldn't be late, one from Mel asking if I got home okay, one from Jamie, asking what happened to me and one from Steph, telling me she won't be back until tomorrow and to check if I'm okay.

Once I reply to all of my messages, I stand in the lounge, looking around the apartment. Memories from the last bit of last night, flooding my mind.

I put on the coffee machine and go jump in the shower. After I'm done, I let my hair air dry and I'm going to regret it because it's going to curl into the natural bush, but I can't find it in me nor do I have time to straighten it. I pull on my black ripped skinny jeans, my pink t-shirt and my black pumps. I put on eyeliner and mascara before grabbing my lip balm and check my phone. It's a quarter to one and I need to leave.

I grab my keys, shove my phone in my pocket and grab my purse, before going down to the basement to get my car. I call my sister once I pull out of the parking, with the Bluetooth to tell her I'm on my way. I play some Paramore and turn the volume up to drown out my thoughts. I can't help but wonder, where Luke is and what he's doing now.

I spend the day with my sister, well into the evening. We have lunch before we had gone shopping. I got new underwear and a few more t-shirts and some jeans.

My sister looked around at the wedding shops and she tells me again how she met Jared and how he proposed. I'm happy for her and when she mentions Eric, I change the subject. We have ended up having supper as well but this time we keep the conversation light.

She tells me about her plans to relocate with Jared and that she would love for me to come for a visit once they're settled. And we mostly discuss wedding plans as she plans to get married in the summer.

Once I get home it is almost 10 and I'm happy I got to spend my day with my sister and it helps keep my mind off of everything else going on around me. I place all the bag of new clothes in the cupboard before I put on my pyjamas.

I get into bed and text Mel and Steph asking what they're up to and how their day was. I put on a movie, I need a horror so I settle on My Bloody Valentine. I got popcorn and a glass of wine, I settle on the couch and at the end of the movie, I am happy to be in bed.

Sunday comes and I feel restless. I lay in bed for about half an hour before I get up. It's decided I feel like cooking and want to be around the people I love.

Mel calls when I'm in the kitchen, "Hey, sorry about yesterday, Tristan and I didn't realise our phones had died until this morning", she giggles. Mel and Tristan, way to go Mel.