Forty-Eight

Luke's Pov

When my alarm goes off with a blare, I groan and then I remember where I am. I check my phone and see 5 texts from 'Babygirl'. I scroll to open the first one as I try to open my eyes wide enough to read it.

06:38 *Wake up Young Skywalker, the day is wasting.* I rub my eyes as I open the next one,

07:26 *So I'm sitting here with your mom and she's promising to get the baby pictures ☺ yay!* Oh yeah, that gets my attention as I roll over onto my back and open the next one.

08:33 *Luke Skywalker, it is time you reported downstairs before I have to see more baby butt cheeks and bad haircuts! PS, I miss you, hurry.* I instantly break out in a smile that hurts my face as I open the next one.

09:13 *Luke, this isn't funny anymore, can you come down or do I have to come up to get you?* I want to reply to tell her to come up, but then I open the last text.

09:27 *So, I'm planning to spend the day with your mom since you aren't here to talk me out of it. PPS, I am not happy, the coffee is cold and I don't want to talk to you anymore.* I laugh as I get out of bed and grab one of my vests before I head downstairs.

It's quiet until I hear a scream before a loud splash, I run down the rest of the stairs and nearly break my neck on the landing. I run into the kitchen and out through to the backyard by the pool. I stop to find Vicky getting out of the water and Steph is laughing with Zoe next to her.

"That's not funny Stephanie. Now, look at me!" Vicky shouts at Steph. When she sees me, she narrows her eyes, "I blame you too, Luke."

I raise my hands in defense, "I didn't do anything." I defend and she stomps over to me looking ever so sexy with her t-shirt and shorts clinging to her body, showing off her blue bra and her hair wet around her face.

"If you were awake, this wouldn't have happened. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to take another shower."

I have some cereal as Stephanie and Zoe bring me up to speed about what had happened. Vicky was standing by the pool when Steph snuck up behind her, frightening her and she fell in.

After the story, I go up to shower and get ready, we're supposed to meet the boys in an hour's time. I get done and I'm sitting downstairs with Zoe while I wait for Vicky and Stephanie to come down.

Just then there is a knock on the door and before I can get up to see who it is, a familiar voice sends ice coursing through my veins. "Hello, Luke? Are you home?" When I make it to the foyer, Izzy is standing there in her mini skirt and tank top. "Luke, baby." She shouts as she rushes over and throws her arms around my shoulders.

"What are you doing here Elizabeth?" I hope Vicky doesn't come down now, I am starting to panic with every passing moment that Izzy is here, even though Vicky knows it's over, this doesn't look good.

"Janice told Stacey who told Maryann who told Kylie who told me that you were back." She smiled and I feel repulsed. "Didn't you miss me, baby?"

She tries to hug me again and just then Vicky and Steph come down the stairs.

I can see Izzy instantly switch to defensive mood but I can't help but admire Vicky for looking so good without even trying, she changed into jeans and a Disney t-shirt, she hair tied into a bun and she has no makeup on, she's speaking to Steph who is the first to notice Izzy's presence.

"Luke, baby, who are these girls?" Izzy grabs hold of my arm and I can't help but feel my body stiffen as I watch Vicky's reaction as she takes in what is going on.