Seventy-Two

Vicky's Pov

The next day, the bridesmaids are running around and the hairstylist is doing Nat's hair while a makeup artist does my face before we swap. Steph and Mel sit with us as we get ready.

We help my sister into her beautiful gown, with a tight plain bodice and a diamond trim, it flows out from her thighs with a lace print on the train. I pull on my strapless peach dress that is tight around my chest and flows freely from just below my ribs the dress is elegant and simple. My hair is done up and my makeup is a bit more than I'm used to, but I like it.

As the day proceeds, we're ready to start the ceremony. I go check on the groomsmen and run straight into the place I call home. Luke is standing in front of me with his hair tied into a low bun, freshly shaved and in a suit that steals my breath, I can't speak when he's eyes trail my body from my hair to my nude heels.

"You look... Wow." I feel my face heat up as his eyes reach my eyes.

"You clean up nicely Skywalker." As soon as my eyes land on his lips, I notice that my favourite accessory is missing, "You took out your lip ring." I blurt out before I have a chance to think.

I notice his frown, "You don't like it out?" I shake my head slowly as I contemplate how I feel.

"Is there a reason?" I ask curiously.

"I thought I'd show some maturity and take it out." I smile as I notice the worry in his eyes.

"With or without the ring Luke, you are still my favourite feeling." I kiss his cheek before wiping the lipstick off.

"You look beautiful, Babygirl." I cup his cheek in my hand and get lost in his eyes before I hear Steph calling me.

"Vix, you ready? We're about to start." I nod and kiss Luke staining his lips redder than they already are before walking away. I wink as I make my way back to my sister.

The wedding was beautiful and after the toasts, Luke takes me to the dance floor. "I want this feeling forever with you Victoria." I hear him whisper in my ear.

I stop moving as I look at him, "I want this forever with you too, Luke." He kisses my forehead and we continue to dance. I danced with Natalie in place of the 'Father-daughter' dance and Jared takes over, after promising to protect Nat, I sit with Luke, Michael, Steph and Mel.

I then notice that Luke is wearing the chain I got him, "I thought you didn't want to wear this unless it was a super special occasion."

He smiles, "Oh but baby, isn't my sister's wedding special enough for this?" I laugh at the words that came out of his mouth.

"Your sister huh?" He nods as he looks at Liz, who's making her way over to us.

"My mom thinks of you and Natalie as her own daughters now. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time." I kiss his cheek as Liz joins us.

"If Liz is happy, then I am happy," I say as she sits down next to Luke.

"What about Lukey dear?" She challenges.

"Yes, what about me?" He plays along, but I can't help rolling my eyes.

"Oh mumma Liz, you know Luke comes after you." I wink at her before laughing as he feigns being wounded. He stares at me, "What, you weirdo?"

Then he leans into me, "Wanna go for a walk?" I look at Liz who shoos us away and I nod.

When we reach the coast, there are a few other couples strolling around and I can see Michael and Stephanie chasing each other. "What's up Skywalker?" I take in the view of the venue and the breeze from the ocean.

I'm seriously starting to wonder about all these walks we've been taking. "I just wanted a moment alone with you baby." I'm thankful it's dark as I feel my face heat up. "I thought I'd wait until after the wedding, maybe when we got home but I can't wait anymore." I can tell something is bothering him, he's been acting fidgety.

When I touch his hand, he pulls me in close, before going down on one knee. "Victoria Graham, I am deeply in love with you and I know that my life won't be the same without you."

I feel my throat close and my scalp prickle as he pulls out a small box. "Will you continue to be my happiness and completely complete my world?" I can't find the words but I feel my head nod. I nod furiously before the words tumble out.

"Yes, Luke, yes!" I whisper. He places the silver solitaire cut ring on my hand before he stands and kisses me. Just then I hear cheers and see Liz, Natalie, Stephanie, Michael, Melanie and our new friends and family with a few other guests standing around us clapping.

"I love you future Mrs Victoria Graham-Hemmings." He whispers and I shake my head, "No?" I shake it again, "Mrs Victoria Hemmings?" he asks and I bite my lip as I think about it.

"I love the sound of that Mr Hemmings."

The End...?