Thirty-Nine

Vicky's Pov

I pat the seat next to me. I feel so much better after the shower. The hot water cascaded down and took away most of my sorrows. After washing my hair and putting on my favourite PJs, I feel almost brand new. I'm happy to have Luke here and when I pad over to him while he's focused on the TV I sneak up and wrap my arms around him. I feel so happy about just holding him that I can't help but sigh and feel content. I can't wait to eat and cuddle with him.

When I move to sit down I discover something is poking me, so when I reach on under my bottom, I pull out my phone. I'm surprised but at the same time, I feel a slight heaviness settle over us. No interesting in the vanishing device, I put my phone on the table and wait for Luke to sit down, he looks at my phone and I shrug, I can't find it in me to care, because I don't want to ruin this feeling. Once he's seated, I crawl over and snuggle up to him.

The sigh that falls from my lips, feels content. We start the movie and I feel my body grow heavier with every second that passes. I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep until Luke rocks my body ever so slightly.

"Pizza is here baby." I slowly wake as I hear Steph's voice coming from the kitchen.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I don't think I've taken a nap like that in the longest time. When Luke brings me a few slices of pizza and some wine, I lean back and wait for Steph to bombard me with questions and a lecture, but I'm surprised that she just stands there and smiles softly.

"Glad you found your way home, Vix." I slowly chew my pizza and nod in sync, waiting a few minutes for her to start, but she doesn't.

"What were we watching?" I see Mel and Tristan walk in with pizza too. As I'm about to ask what everyone is doing here, there's a knock on the door and Steph jumps up.

"That must be Micheal." Screeching as she runs for the door, I look at Luke and he smiles sheepishly.

"Probably with the rest of the band too." I nod and smile.

"Good, I've missed them." Micheal, Calum and Ashton walk in, I jump up and rush over to the boys.

"Vicky!" They all shout in unison, they give the best group hugs ever and right now I'm being smothered in one of them.

"Hey, SOSer's!" I can't help but laugh and then I hear Luke try and break them up.

"Hey! Hey you idiots, let her go!" We all laugh and after greeting everyone, we all sit down in the lounge.

The pizzas are put on the table with more wine and a couple of beers. We chill and catch up for a couple of hours. Michael and Steph are on the single seater, Luke and I are on the other couch, Calum and Ashton are on the floor by the coffee table with Tristan and Mel sitting next to us.

"We're really glad, you came home." Ashton starts and Calum cuts him off.

"Yeah, Luke was turning into a cry-baby on us." He jokes and I watch Luke throw a cushion at his head.

Sitting next to Luke, I look up and squeeze his leg for assurance. It's almost like a silent understanding that passed between us, the promise to talk and my apology. It's nearly half past 8 when Mel and Tristan leave.

"Thank you guys, but Tristan and I have plans. I'm glad you're home safe Vix." Mel offers when they leave, I mouth, 'I'll text you later' and watch the door close.

Not long after that, the boys leave and Steph leaves with Micheal. Calum said something about being surrounded by too many couples and walked out, followed by Ashton, while Luke walks them out Steph gives me a tight squeeze before she ran out to Michael.