Fifty-One

Vicky's Pov

The song was beautiful and it had brought tears to my eyes. The way Luke sang the words danced around in my head as we went outside. I was lost in thought and I guess Steph gave up on trying to talk to me. I laid down on one of the loungers in the shade with my new aviator sunglasses on. Since Char knew her way around the place, she got us some drinks. I figured it was too early to start drinking.

I laid and counted all the reasons why falling in love with Luke was a bad idea, I had gotten to excuse number 3 when a voice whispered in my ear, "Wanna get out of here?" I turn my head and Luke's face is so close I can feel his breath dance across my face.

I take a deep breath and look over at the girls, who were playing ping pong as the boys walked over to join them, I noticed Cal texting with a smile, which made me wonder if there was a special girl in his life, whenever we spoke about it, he would avoid the topic and change the subject. I nod at Luke and he offers me his hand.

"Come on, I want to show you something." I walked behind Luke as we went to the back of the house before we went up a flight of stairs and climbed onto the roof. "Jerry put the stairs here cos he was tired of me climbing on the wall to get up. This is my spot when things aren't working out downstairs and I need a moment to think." I nod my head as I take in the view of the area, the hills and the trees that peeked between the houses.

"This is beautiful Luke." He squeezed my hand and my eyes fell on our joined hands before they fell into the pool of his blue eyes and I had forgotten where I was.

"You're the only girl that's ever been up here," the words that were left unspoken stole my breath. I kissed him with every bit of me, I knew that this was something special for him and I didn't want to ruin it.

After lunch, we went to the fair that was on the boardwalk. We went on a few rides and mostly just walked around. The boys got stopped by fans every so often and I watched as Char and Steph took it in stride, she must be so used to it, while Steph was more than happy to be in the pictures with Michael for the fans that wanted to post pics of the couple.

I took a step back every time girls came near Luke. I knew he looked for me when that happened and I would stand in the background, it was too much and I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression, although I wasn't too sure as to what was right or wrong anymore.

We won a few prizes and by the time it was 8, I was worn out. We decided it might be fun to go out for drinks later and I debated staying home. As we got ready since Steph and Char didn't give me much of a choice, I opted for my strapless nude top with my black leggings and nude pumps, I wanted to keep it lowkey and subtle.

"You ready?" Luke whispers in my ear and I stare at his reflection before I nod. Cal said he'd meet us there, he had to pick up someone and I feel my eyes get bigger at the thought of who it could be.

When we got back to the house after a great night of partying and flirting, we all went to the pool house in the backyard and we just sat around. I half leaned, half laid on the couch and watched as Luke got beaten in table tennis by Calum, who introduced us to his girlfriend Sam, that he met on tour and had invited over for the week.

Luke came to join me on the couch and had lifted me so I was lying on his chest between his legs. Steph and Mikey had 'gone for a walk', Char and Ash were now playing while Cal and Sam sat across from Luke and I. Luke played with my hair and I began to drift off to sleep since it felt like heaven after a long day. He was talking to Cal and Ash about the band and the plans for the rest of the week.

I could feel every breath he took and every vibration of his laugh resonated in my core. I lifted my leg and turned my head before I went under, Luke lifted his legs so there was enough space for me to manoeuvre and get more comfortable. Once I'm settled, he places his legs over me to keep me in place and softly whispers, "You okay?" in my ear and I nod, with a smile on my lips.