Twenty-One

Vicky's Pov

Around 1 pm, Luke and Michael leave and I go shower, Steph showers after me. I pull on my 'Dibs on the drummer' peach top and my black leggings, a total contrast to Steph's sequins green top and jeans with heels. I had set up a movie and cleared up as Steph got ready and waited for the boys to come back. I make a quick supper with pasta, chicken and breadsticks. As I finish up, there's a knock on the door and Steph runs through the apartment. She swings the door open and she throws herself onto Michael. We all laugh as he barely manages to support both of them.

The couple leave after a few minutes and Luke makes me feel undressed, he's got on black skinny jeans, with a rip across his knees and a plain black t-shirt with his black vans. His hair is pushed back off his face and he stands there awkwardly, yet looking so unintentionally attractive. I mentally slap myself and walk over to the couch.

"What movie do you feel like watching? Oh, I mean um. What do you feel like doing?" I correct myself, almost forgetting to ask for his opinion on what we're going to do.

"A movie's fine. What do you recommend?" he looks over at me, after sitting on the other end of the couch. We flip through the list and come across The Fault in our Stars and I convince him, it's a good movie. 'It's one of my favourites.' I plead and I feel his eyes on me as the movie begins.

I got up to get the popcorn and drinks and he got up to help me. When we get back to the couch, he sits a bit closer, so when I go to the bathroom, I come back and sit closer to him too. By the time they had dinner and Augustus Waters confesses his love, we're practically on top of each other.

He rolls his eyes at the confession and we begin a debate on how and when to confess your feelings. I admire his bravery and when they're back in the hotel I feel him looking at me again. I risk leaning my head against his shoulder. He stiffens and before I can lift my head, he relaxes and grabs my hand. The electricity flows throughout my body and when I lift my head to look at him, his lips are the first thing I see, they look so soft and pink and slightly parted. When my eyes reach his through my lashes, he bites down on that damn lip ring again and my heart starts racing. His eyes search my face and then he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I lean forward before I can think. He closes the small distance and his lips brush lightly over mine.

The barely there touch had me craving for more and when his lips touched mine, my body ignited and I know I can't stop myself but I should. This is wrong. He has a girlfriend. Or had? I don't know but he's leaving for the tour soon. Fuck it, just for today. I lift my hand to reach over and pull him closer, his hand cups my cheek and I need more of him. The movie and all my surroundings were forgotten. I reach over to thread my hands through his hair but the position we're in is awkward so when he pulls away and searches my face, we're both breathing heavily before he grips my waist, to lift and move me so I straddle his legs and deepen the kiss. 'Much better.'

He trails kisses up and down my neck and jaw and when he gently bites my earlobe, I go insane. I move my lips back to his as my hands work down his body to lift his t-shirt. I can't form any coherent thoughts, besides touching him, all of him. I toss he's t-shirt aside and I make my way down his jaw to his neck, when I reach his collarbone, he growls and the sound makes me bite down instinctively. He moves so quickly I don't even know what's happening until I'm on my back on the couch and he's on top of me, removing my t-shirt and I oblige. His eyes turn dark and stormy as desire takes over him.

"This is so wrong," I moan as his hand travel over my red and black bra. He snaps his eyes to mine as the words leave my mouth.

"This is perfect." He whispers. My mind goes blank and my mouth goes dry at his words.

"This is so terrible." I gasp as I arch my back off the couch as he brings his lips down to my neck.

"This can't possibly be wrong." He breathes in my ear and I wrap my arms around his chest, pulling him towards me as my body seems to have a mind of its own.

"Luke," I choke and he pulls back and looks me in the eye.

"What's wrong?" I'm frozen. I don't know. His eyes scan my face searching for an answer.

I shake my head. "Nothing is wrong. But this isn't right either." I say as I remove my arms from his chest. "But, I don't know." Why am I talking? He moves back and sits up on the couch and pulls me up with him.

"I know I shouldn't think about it as more than it is, but what are we gonna do after this? You're gonna go on tour and my life is a mess. Even I'm avoiding it." I keep my eyes fixed on the leg of the chair. He's quiet, too quiet. When I eventually look at him, he's staring at the TV, eyes unfocused and I can almost see his mind working.

"We can make it work, we'll be like Mike and Steph. Well, not like them but we could do that." He says without looking at me. I am shocked, 'Make it work' he said. I burst into laughter. He can't possibly be serious. How would we make it work? He looks at me with what can only be described as hurt and anger. I'm near hysterical when I take deep breaths to calm myself and slowly I shake my head.

"I'm sorry Luke, but I don't see how that's possible. We barely know each other. You're a rock star who's on tour for like a year on the other side of the world. I am barely holding myself together and all the shit that my ex had put me through. I'm not sure if you would want to deal with that kind of damage." I rant, he needs to understand where I'm coming from because the look he's giving me hurts, there is a twisting in my gut as he stares at me looking defeated.

"And even if we try the long distance thing, you have all those girls out there that want to be with you and I'm not sure if I can handle that. I mean, here I am kissing you and I know you have a girlfriend." I confess before I think. His hand reaches mine and the warmth stops my words and makes them fade into a blue-eyed glow.

"I'm not with her anymore." He whispers, almost inaudibly and I try and pull my hand from his. What? "It's not like I didn't want to tell you. I tried yesterday, but I couldn't. We broke up, when I got back, I found out she cheated on me. But it was only part of the reason. You were the other." My body stills, I feel like I can't breathe and I'm about to pass out.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you, Vicky. I even told my mum about you and she was just as surprised as I was that I had. But it's different with you." I sucked in a sharp breath and his eyes move from mine to my lips. I feel so bad, so broken that he got hurt, but also because I was part of the reason.

I lean forward and wrap my arms around his neck when he squeezes me tight, it's like the embrace is able to rid us of our demons. We stay holding each other for the longest time in silence. When he whispers in my ear, I realize we're still half naked and my body is on fire once again.

"I don't want to hurt you." The words drift to my ears as I pull away, my eyes fall on his mouth and he bites the ring. As soon as he releases it, I can't stop myself, I place my own lips on it. I feel safe and comfortable here with him. How much damage could one day do?

Hey, I hope you enjoyed it, like what is going to happen now that she knows he is single? I got a feeling, that this changes everything, if you want to know, stay posted. I really hope you are enjoying it and know that there is progress on the horizon. Please enjoy, let know how you feel and vote, If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them.