Eighteen

Vicky's Pov

'I missed you. You're haunting my every thought. You're there all the time and I'm wondering if you're thinking about me as much as I think about you.' His words loop around in my head and I can't even concentrate on applying my makeup. I keep picking up things and putting them down unused. His words left me breathless and dizzy. My chest felt too small for the inflation of my heart as it swelled at his words and the look in his eyes.

He can't be serious though. He barely knows me and I barely know him. So why does he feel so familiar? It's too close for a stranger. Yet he feels like he's already a part of me. "Dammit!" I mumble as I knock my knee trying to get up from the dresser. I need to focus. I have plans with Jamie now. Someone I have a better chance of actually being with. Once I've got my dress on, I clear my mind and go back to doing my makeup.

A soft knock comes and I roll my eyes, "I told you not to..." my words die as Steph's head pokes through the door.

"Hey, Vix." She steps inside and closes the door. "So you're going out with Jamie? It's probably for the best. I mean, Michael and I were planning on taking Luke to the 'Body Bar', with you there, um it's not going to work." She nervously giggles.

"Steph, you know as well as I do, that we're not ready for relationships. Especially after what happened. And I get that you're having fun with Michael and I'm happy for you. I just can't do that with Luke, so I'm trying to do it with Jamie." I ramble, using the release to try and quench my jealousy of the thought of Luke at the 'Body Bar'. "Besides Luke and I don't have that thing you and Michael have. Yes, we kissed, but that's it." I walk over to the closet to take out my nude heels and put them on. I give myself the once over. Because of Luke being here, I haven't had the chance to straighten my hair, so I twisted a few pieces up, my makeup is light, the dress is a black and blue cut-out, off the shoulder.

I walk out of the room to gather my phone and my keys, I hear Michael whistle low and when I chance a look at Luke, his eyes are raking over my body very hungrily. Stopping on all my curves that the dress accentuates. I'm so pleased as that is the reaction I was hoping for. I have two more shots with Michael and Steph before the knock on the door comes, startling me. It's Jamie. I can't help but peek at Luke's expression. His features are blank, it's like he's not even here, but then he steps towards the door as I go and open for Jamie. He's posture taking on an aggressive stance and there is a slight defensiveness or is it protectiveness?

Jamie looks good in his dark jeans, with a t-shirt that holds him together. His hair is up and he looks amazing. Jamie takes a step in and scans the area, taking in the scene before him. When his eyes land on Luke, his face drops and he arches an eyebrow at me. I had left him to go home with Luke that night. My cheeks heat at the thought of that night and I look at Luke whose eyes are still on Jamie. When Jamie puts his arm around my waist, there is a flicker of pain in his eyes that is soon replaced with rage, although his eyes don't leave Jamie's hand on my waist.

I push Jamie out the door and wave bye to the three guests in my home. As the door closes, I see Luke moving towards me but then stops and pushes his hand through his hair.

Jamie and I walk to the lift and to the car in silence. He opens the door for me before jogging around to the driver's side and sliding in, "You look beautiful." He smiles. I return the smile, but I'm not expecting the same reaction from him as I had earlier. I look out of my window as he pulls onto the road. "I thought we could try something different."

I nod, not sure what to expect, "We're going to have dinner, right?" I ask.

He nods before smirking, "Yes, but I have a surprise." I try and hide my sadness that I am not feeling as excited as I should be. My mind keeps playing back to Luke coming after me and his words in the room.

I shake the thoughts from my head and I turn to the radio, "May I?" I ask, not sure what to say or do.

"Of course." He goes to turn it on and grab the remote and hands it to me. Jamie deserves my attention.

After settling on a random song and singing along, it clears my mind enough to get me to be in the moment with Jamie. We drive for about 45 minutes, before pulling into a parking lot for a building that looks like it could be a warehouse.

"You're not going to kidnap me and hold me hostage are you?" I joke as we get out of the car. He feigns being wounded before he reaches for my hand and walks me to the side of the building.

"Do you want to eat first or would you like the surprise first?" he looks sheepish and rubs the back of his neck with his free hand.

"You decide," I tell him, trying not to feel lost.

"Surprise it is then. Well, half of it at least."

Jamie continues to hold my hand as he leads me around to the other side of the building, we enter the first door on the left and proceed down a flight of stairs. As we descend, I can hear music flowing up and the smell of fog machines fill my nose. We go through one more door and the music becomes louder. This is a really cool club and I beam when they start playing Matoma.

"Wanna dance?" He looks and me and grins, I nod my head.

We end up dancing for about an hour and a half before I tire and my stomach starts to turn from the drinks I've had. I feel clammy and I need to get some fresh air. I lean into Jamie as this girl with long black hair wraps her arms around his waist from behind. My eyes are wide as I take in her actions that match her clothes. She has on a black tank top, short, fishnets and boots. Jamie turns and hugs her, before introducing her as Carla a friend of his. I take the opportunity of him talking to her to go to the bathroom. Taking in my sweaty appearance, I roll my eyes, use the bathroom and as I wash my hands, I wonder what Luke is doing now.

I go find Jamie, who's by the bar and we go back through the door and back up the stairs. When we get outside, the air is cool but fresh. The difference is enough to cool my skin and I take in a deep breathe.

"Are you hungry now?" I check the time.

It's already to twelve and I nod, "famished" I gasp as the breeze picks up.

When he grabs my hand again, instead of leading me to the car, he leads me to the second door on the right from the club. I scrunch my face, "It's the second half of the surprise" he laughs and I mouth an'OH'.

In this building, we go up a few stairs before we enter a lift. The lift goes up to the second floor and my jaw hits the floor. This space is the exact opposite of the club, it's clean, dimly lit but still bright enough to view the paintings. The place looks like a museum but there are a few tables and bar area. The view is of the pier and the aroma in the air makes my stomach grumble. I blush as we are lead to our table that appears to be floating in the middle of the room.

"This is so amazing!" I couldn't keep the wonder out of my voice, even if I tried.

"I hoped you'd like it. I found it when I came to do a shoot for the space in the club. I was pretty surprised that you can't hear the music from the club and the food is so amazing." I bet it is. It looks very fancy. All thoughts of anything else are gone as we sit down to eat, enjoying the conversation and the company. I'm really happy I came, I feel so relaxed and happy in this moment.