Thirty-Six

Luke's Pov

I can't believe how much has been going on with Vicky, this is so much worse than I thought it was and I seem to be more upset than she is. She seems to think it's okay and that she didn't have to tell me, which honestly just pissed me off even more. I know she was with Jamie, but we talked and there isn't anything that I'm able to do about it.

This waitress has been standing here trying to get my attention since Vicky went to the bathroom and I'm not trying to be rude since she seems like a nice person, but the look on Vicky's face when she got up twisted something inside of me.

"Sooo... Are you guys okay?" The waitress asks and I vaguely hear her words, I smile and nod mindlessly.

"Yeah, we are thanks." Just then Vicky comes rushing up to the table, glaring at the both of us and then she grabs her things before she storms off without another word. I curse as I realise what this must look like. I stand to go after her but then the waitress is blocking my way.

"Do you want me to wrap this up for you guys?" I look down at the table, realising we barely ate and I shake my head. I take out some money and hand it to her.

"No, it's okay, this should cover it right?" But before she can answer, I brush past her and rush to the door, by then I couldn't seem to catch her. I take out my phone to call her but then when I hear the voicemail tone, I remember that she doesn't have it. Shit.

I run my hand over my hair and I remember I have the key to her apartment, so I walk in the direction of the apartment and I hope she's gone home.

When I get back to the apartment and she's not there I start freaking out, I call Mickey and ask him to check with Steph since I can't call her. I contemplate looking for her but I don't know where I'd look, so I walk out and pick a direction to look in to try and find her.

After walking around aimlessly and a couple of frustrating calls from Steph, she agrees to head over to the apartment to wait for her. I eventually gave up and went back to the apartment after about 3 and a half hours of searching to no avail.

Steph had given me a couple of places to search that she might have gone too and after each one came up empty, I started to feel more despondent. When I get to the apartment, I'm tired and worried. Steph took off as soon as I walked through the door to look for her and she said Mel was also on alert and she had a squad out looking for her. I have never felt that useless before but I was madder, that I also felt like I was at fault.

Fuck!

Where is she?

A new fear creeping in at the thought of the look on her face, what if she never wanted me around because I was forcing the issue? But she had to know that I was worried about her safety. What if something bad had happened to her? What if he had gotten to her? I clench my jaw, my knuckles stretched white from clenching my fists.

The fear was giving away to something much darker, the longer she was out there, with no phone, no way to make sure she was okay, all by her self.

Fuck! The panic took over and I could feel the tears brimming and my chest pained at every crazy scenario that ran through my mind. I hoped she was okay and I knew that whatever it was, I would make it up to her, I would apologise until she believes me, I don't want her to leave me, not now that she's mine.