Fifty-Four

Vicky's Pov

We get downstairs and the house is buzzing with people and conversation is flowing. Jamie promised not to leave my side, but I knew that wouldn't be possible since it's his friends and family and this is his parent's party. I smile as he introduces me to more members of his family.

When we have a moment alone after meeting his cousin I whisper, "I'm not sure if I'll remember everyone's names."

"Don't worry about it, they aren't that important anyway," I laugh feeling the champagne coursing through my veins.

Then he leans in and places his hand on the small of my back as he leads me outside. I'm thankful that Jamie always knows when I need space and air. We walk over to the tent in the backyard that is lucky not that filled. The inside is lined with beautiful fairy lights and a deep red, black and silver theme.

The tent seems to be nestled in their backyard that feels like you're stepping into a fantasy world. It's while I admire the opulence that I then run into his mother and sister.

"Victoria, you look gorgeous!" Emily squeals and I blush.

"Thank you, but look at you, you look beautiful Emily, but I think Grace is doing a good job of outshining us. I love your dress." I tell Grace who is wearing a white top with a black band on her teal floor length skirt, her hair is up and her makeup looks light, while Emily is wearing a wine red midi dress that teases her calves with a black and red heel and matching makeup.

While we're standing there Nathan joins us, "Look at you ladies steal the show, how about a picture?" I look up at Jamie who is about to deny his brother the pleasure, but I stop him.

"That's a good idea, I'd like a copy of these pictures." We take turns taking the photos, Emily refuses for me to leave her side while the photos are taken. Throughout the night photos are taken by friends and family and the photographer, Jamie was banned from taking any photos, but that didn't stop him.

When we sat down to enjoy dinner, the atmosphere was relaxing. I ended up seated between Daniel and Jamie and it's an enjoyable evening. Jamie had to dance with Grace while Daniel had offered to dance with me in his place. Daniel was a man of few words throughout the night and when we danced I was surprised by the conversation.

"I haven't met any of Jamie's girlfriends and I always asked him why that was and you know what he would say to me?" I shook my head, too afraid to speak, "He always said that there wasn't anyone worth bringing home. Ems and I were both very surprised when he told us that he was bringing you over and now I understand why he waited."

I nod my head once again as I feel the heat take over me. This time my voice was stolen by the lump in my throat and the sting in my eyes, rendered speechless by the short sentence.

"Cheer up doll, this only means that we like you." He laughed and it was rich in sound, so full of confidence. I smiled and at that moment the song had ended and we stopped moving. Nathan had appeared at our side and asked if he could dance, so he's father passed me onto him and he went in search of his wife.

Nathan and I had danced for two songs before Jamie took his place, "You doing okay?" he whispered into my hair.

"Yeah I'm okay, your family is truly amazing Jamie. I'm just overwhelmed by how welcoming they are." I smile and he nods as he stops dancing, glaring at the 3rd cousin that wanted to dance.

"I'm going to tell them at the end of the evening, I don't want to see you suffer anymore." Jamie declared and a small wave of panic washed over me.

"Don't, not now. They are so happy, I don't want to ruin it for them. Maybe in the week?" I offer and Jamie doesn't look sure but after some convincing, he agrees.