Thirty-Four

Luke's Pov

When I saw the name flash across the screen, I'm immediately aware of Vicky and her reaction to it. Clearly, things are worse than she led me to believe. I knew he was trying to get in touch with her, but she told me it stopped. I nearly lost my shit when I saw the fear in her eyes, but I knew I had to keep it in.

I felt the blood boil in my veins when she stepped back before I pulled her into my arms and her legs caved in from under her. I needed to lay her down and figure out how to make it stop. I don't understand why Jamie hasn't taken care of it, but then again, I know she hasn't spoken to anyone about it besides Steph and me.

Now I'm mad at myself. Why haven't I done anything about it? This has gone on for long enough. After leaving her on the bed, I go find Steph.

"What the fuck Steph!" I'm seething and I need to rein it in.

I suppose it wouldn't be fair to blame Steph for this either, but due to the state that Vicky is in right now, I could not possibly take it out on her, even though my chest squeezes at the thought that she lied to me. When I reach the hall, Steph is standing there with a confused look on her face.

"What is it, Luke?" I walk over to Vicky's phone.

"What the fuck is going on here? How long has Eric been calling and bothering her?" I practically yell and watch as Steph's face transforms from one of confusion and anger to one of shock and horror, she didn't know?

"Eric's been calling her?" She whispers and when my wide eyes meet hers, she shakes her head, "I don't know, she never said anything." I crack for a moment and look at Vicky's door. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through.

"Could you go check on her? I have a few calls I need to make." I say as I walk to my bag in the lounge and gather my phone.

I unplug the cable from the charger and wait impatiently for my phone to turn on, my feet are itching to take me to the room and just scoop Vicky into my arms. When the phone finally powers on, I call Calum since he knows who to speak to about personal security.

I might need to get Vicky a bodyguard until we can figure things out. When he doesn't answer, I call Ashton and I swear if he doesn't answer, I'm going to smash something. I run my hands through my hair and when Ashton finally picks up, relief lightly crashes against my anger.

"Hey, Luke, What's up?" Ashton sounds half asleep.

"Is Calum with you? I need to talk to him and he isn't answering his damn phone!" I bite out as I hear Ash sigh, I can picture him rolling his eyes, which just irritates me more.

"Well he's passed out, I'll try wake him. Do you even know what the time is?" I could not care less right now, Ashton seems to be testing my patience.

"I don't care, put Calum on the phone Ashton." I take a deep breath and through clenched teeth, "Please." I grit, knowing Ashton is sitting there until he hears the magic word.

"Yeah okay, Is everything okay mate?" I can hear him shuffling about and take another deep breath, each second beginning to feel like an hour. I debate telling Ashton, but I'm sure Calum will tell him and Micheal anyway if Steph doesn't beat him to it. I'm in no mood to repeat myself, so I keep quiet, the thought making me want to project that airline food all over the coffee table.

When I hear Ashton and Calum fighting in the background, it takes everything for me not to scream at them down the phone, reminding myself that I need to calm down before I go back to Vicky. Calum's voice slurs down the phone and I'm not sure if he's drunk or tired.

"Calum, I need your help. I need a bodyguard or some personal security as soon as humanly possible." I pause as the information filters through to him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Lucas. What is going on?" I hear the joke turn serious as he registers what I'm asking of him.

"That doesn't matter right now, what matters is I need you to get me someone or I wouldn't be calling you right now." I bark at my phone and scowl, knowing damn well he can't see my face.

"Yeah. Okay, Luke, I'll make a few calls and let you know in a couple of hours." The next breath feels like it's finally filling my lungs as some of the relief takes over me.

"Yeah, thanks, Cal. Oh, and please, it needs to be personal. Someone close to home, it's important." When Calum confirms he understands and will let me know once it's sorted, I throw my phone on the table and run my hands through my hair, trying to calm my anger.

I pick up Vicky's phone and funny enough, it isn't locked, so I check her call history, noting how many deleted entries there were and how many times a blocked or unknown number called her and my horror was renewed when I scan the list. I carefully had to place the phone back down before I smashed it, quickly losing grip of my self-restraint.

After pacing for what feels like an eternity but is really only 2 mins, I calm down enough to stop shaking and I walk into Vicky's room. I see her sitting next to Steph, curled into a ball on her bed and when I march over to her, the fear that's evident in her eyes, it makes me feel sick until I see her looking at me.

Is she afraid of me? When I glance over at Stephanie, her eyes are equally as wide and I release the breath I'm holding. I smile down at her, as I watch her beautiful eyes change from fear to questioning. I notice Steph nods in the corner of my eye and I sit down on the bed to gather her into my arms.

I lay back down on her bed with her in my arms and all the tension from my body evaporates at her touch and the way she feels. This was not what I had in mind when I showed up earlier. I soon feel her breathing deepen as she falls asleep and the steady rise and fall quickly pulls me under with her. I don't know what happened to Steph, but I'm assuming she's gone now. I just can't open my eyes to have a look and confirm.

*Hey guys, thank you for getting this far with us. I am back on track now I hope and I desperately hope that you are enjoying this book. I nearly got over my Luke stan, but then I saw him sing and questioned my own sanity, like 'how could I ever think of getting over him?' haha haaa.... anyway, enjoy reading, let me know what you think. XOXO