Sixty-Six

Vicky's Pov

When I come too, Natalie is sitting on the couch rubbing her hand up and down my arm. I can tell she's furious and her eyes are red. Melanie is sitting on the one end of the couch and she's crying. Stephanie is talking to Luke in the kitchen by the counter and his eyes are focused somewhere over her head, when I follow them, I see Tristan, Peter and Jamie standing by the door.

When I try to sit up, Tristan's eyes meet mine and I feel a chill down my spine, mixing with the fear and pain. I guess this is the time. I get up and on my shaky legs I stumble over to where they are standing. Natalie, Melanie and Steph are quiet as I feel all eyes on me.

Tristan's eyes widen the closer I get and I reach out to touch Jamie's shoulder to move him out of my way. Peter steps aside and I see where the punches had landed on Tristan's face, I hear Luke's growl of my name, "Victoria!" echo through the building.

I take a deep breath, not sure what is about to come out, I feel terrified and I can feel my body trembling, but I have to know. "Y-You s-s-said s-s-som-mething, that day." I can't help the cracks in my voice and the bile that is rising in my throat from being so close to him.

I feel a hand wrap around my arm and my body is yanked back against a wall of muscle, I know in the back of my mind it's Luke, but I feel like it's pulling me from the answers. I don't take my eyes off Tristan's, yet he stays quiet.

"Are you fucking crazy? Why are you talking to this psychopath?" The fury in his voice is real, I realise that all his rage is now aimed at me and I feel myself cringe and pull away from him.

My fear slips into a quiet anger and I try and break free. My eyes connect with his and I take a deep shaky breath. "Luke, please." I sniffle, "Please." I whisper, he needs to know that I need to know what happened that day.

I see him eye Tristan as he clenches his teeth and spits out, "You better fucking answer her questions or I will end you!"

I turn to face Tristan and Luke is holding me in place but allows me to turn. "Not too close Babygirl, I don't trust him." He kisses the back of my head and I sigh, I suppose that this is as good as it gets, thankful for the support.

I take a deep breath as I watch Jamie's eyes linger on Luke's hand before meeting my eyes and he looks away. Peter is eyeing Jamie and Luke as if he would like to protect Tristan. Part of me wondered why Steph brought Peter with, but I was thankful that he was here now.

"T-Tristan, you said something that day, that E-Eric had a message to send." Natalie's voice takes me by surprise.

"No! No fucking way!" I feel Luke stiffen and I realize that I am between him and my attacker, that maybe he needs to keep me here as a way to stop himself.

In order to keep him safe, I step back against him, I feel the heavy rise and fall of his chest. "What is the message? That he's gonna fuck me up?" I feel anger taking over and my head starts pounding louder and louder. I'm feeling light headed but the anger seems to burn through some of the pain.

"Victoria Graham, what the hell are you doing?" Natalie's voice breaks my concentration and I take my eyes off of him to look at her, she needs to understand that I need to know.

Tristan looks at me, a defeated man, an empty shell but still silent. I take a series of deep breaths and I hear Jamie curse, "What the fuck. Tristan, what the fuck is going on? Why would you do this shit?"

Peter takes a step forward and the Stephanie speaks, "The police are on their way Tristan, you can either speak now or in court." His eyes widen and there seems to be a darkness that takes over him, the look in his eyes scared me, dark, dangerous and somewhat vacant. That was the same look he had that day.