Twenty-Eight

Vicky's Pov

When my alarm goes off, I feel like I haven't gotten any sleep and since I agreed to meet Jamie for lunch at 12, I figure I'd get up and clean in the meantime. I have a bowl of cereal and coffee while I sit on the couch enjoying my morning cartoons before I get busy.

After my shower and settling on a black t-shirt with my blue jeans and my black sneakers, I straighten the front of my hair and pull it back in a high pony. I apply my makeup as usual and it's nearly 11:45, Jamie calls to say he's downstairs and is waiting for me. I grab my phone, keys and cards and rush down.

During lunch, Jamie talks about all the publicity his exhibit got, the inspiration behind it and apologises a thousand times for not letting me know, but it turned out that was the biggest draw to the show. I'm happy for him and we keep the conversation flowing. When a guy that I recognise from the exhibit walks by with his camera, he asks to take more pictures for the journal and I oblige for Jamie's sake.

After he leaves and a few other people start recognising us, I realise I've missed out on the morning headlines. My phone buzzes as the last two people leave us, its Stephanie sending me a text with a link.

*OMG! You will DIE. You will not believe this headline!*

When I click on the link, it's an online gossip column and right at the top of the screen to my horror is a bold headline Mystery Muse inspires Music and Art. I freeze, below is a picture to the left of Luke and me at the airport, when he was kissing my forehead goodbye and on the right, one of the pictures where Jamie and I are standing in front of his exhibit of me, the caption below reads:

The mystery muse has been seen with Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer at the airport, saying goodbye to her lover a few weeks ago? Also seen as the inspiration of photographer Jamie Robert's exhibit last night.

My heart drops out of my chest and before I know what I'm doing, I'm on my feet.

"Hey, what wrong?" I shift my view to see Jamie's confused expression.

"Have you seen this?" I feel horror and anger warring inside of me, I show him my phone where an interview was done with him last night, where we were quoted to be seemingly cosy and intimate, the inspiration is biased but well proven. When he slowly shakes his head, I realise that the man that just took our picture will make it look like we're dating. I grab my bag and make my way to the exit.

I walk, only once I see my building do I realise where I'm going, I didn't even say bye to Jamie. I feel like a terrible person but I'm in shock and I need space to breathe. The walk helps to keep my nerves at bay but my mind is racing and so is my heart. What would Luke say? Has he even seen it? I call Steph as I walk into my building and she tells me she's about 5 minutes away only then do I release the breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Who knows about this? Can I not get it taken down? I mean, surely I can get it removed. I mean who even took the pictures at the airport?" I yelled into the air and Steph doesn't have a chance to reply. I want to ask if Luke knows, but I'm too afraid.

He hasn't spoken to me since I told him I'm going to the exhibit on Thursday and now I regret it. I found a few other websites, speculating my relationship between the two men. Some include Luke's recent performance, talking about this girl that looks so perfect. My heart ached and as if she knows, Steph starts to speak slowly.

"Michael said that Luke knew about the pictures at the airport and he's been in a bad mood since Thursday, I'm not sure if he's seen this headline. But I'm sure he knows that you and Jamie are just friends right." Her words haunt me. Does he?