Twenty-Five

Vicky's Pov

Standing in the airport holding Steph's hand as he goes through the boarding gates and boards his flight, make my chest tighten in the most painful way. I look down at my phone and see the name saved, Luke ;). My heart flutters and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

We stand there and watch as the plane departs before we look at each other. I take a good look at my friend and I realise she seems different. We beam at each other and I tug her hand, "Come on Steph, let's go home." She nods her head and we walk out of the maze.

By the time we get home, it's nearly 7 pm. I get into the shower and Steph order's our pizzas. 'We're gonna girl out and catch up' as she puts it. After my shower, I pull on my onesie, the most comfortable pyjamas I have and get a bottle of wine. The pizza arrives as the bottle is opened and I settle on the couch, we end up watching random reality shows as we talk about the last few days.

Things are going really well with Steph and Michael and I feel slightly envious that Luke and I aren't in the same position, but we're good none the less, whatever this 'we' is.

"I hope his fans know that he's taken. We posted so many pictures in the last few days, it's ridiculous." She throws her head back and laughs and I can't help but join in. At the mention of pictures I pick up my phone to see if I have any new messages, but I'm reminded of Eric's attempts to contact me.

I brace myself as I tell Steph about what had happened and her eyes widen, more than humanly possible

"OMG! What the fuck is wrong with him? Does he have a death wish or something? I'll kill him with my own bare hands if he tries anything." I laugh at her protectiveness and when she smiles, the most mischievous look appears over her features.

"But I like how Luke seems to have handled it. But I can't believe you actually told him about it." Funny thing is, neither can I since I barely know him and my insane amount of trust issues.

It dawns on me that he knows more than most people and that we barely know each other. I send him a quick text, *Hey, it's Vix, just hoping you have a safe flight.* I put my phone down, but I hope he gets the message.

I walk into my bedroom and call it a night. I'm going to have to prepare for the week ahead.

When I wake in the morning, I shower and get ready, in my nude heels and my grey knee-length wrap around dress. I allow my hair to curl naturally, pinning the few stray strands to the back. As Steph gets ready, I make coffee and check my phone.

My heart flutters at the sight of Luke's name, the text is simple but I can't help but smile, *Hey beautiful. We've landed safely, can't stop thinking of you.* I drink my coffee and apply my makeup while I wait for Steph. She comes strutting into the kitchen, pours her coffee into her travel mug and we get ready to leave the apartment.

I walk into the office and have a pile of notes and folders on my desk. But I'm due to be in a series of meetings today. I roll my eyes and head for the first meeting of the day. Today is gonna be a long day.

After a few more meetings it's lunchtime. The day feels like it's been dragging and usually, Monday's are my favourite. I get a sandwich and a juice from the lunchroom and since I don't see Steph, I head back to eat my lunch in my office.

My mind tries to play catch up with the events of the past couple of days, Luke and me, the date with Jamie, Eric calling and the emptiness I feel inside. I can't wait for the day to end and spend the last hour in the office staring at the clock, which only means now I have to take work home. I sigh and roll my eyes at my own laziness as I gather my things before my desk phone rings.

"Victoria Grahams' office," I answer the phone.

"Vix, I'm still busy with a mock-up for this campaign. I think you should go home without me and I'll catch a cab or something." I hear voices in the background, Steph laughs and hangs up before I can even respond. Great, now I get to spend the night alone with work. I sigh once again as I take my things down to the car and go home.

I've showered, put on my PJs, cooked, ate half my supper and drank half the bottle of white wine before I settle on my bed with my work files and some snacks, I have run out of reason to procrastinate. So I spend about 30 minutes repeatedly reading over the first draft concept of a new label because for the life of me I can't concentrate.

Frustrated, I fall back on the bed and stare at the ceiling, I'm not sure how long it's been until my phone starts vibrating. I search the bed next to me before sitting up and lifting the piles of papers, when I see a video call from an unknown number, part of me is excited by the possibilities that it could be Luke and the other is fear that it could be Eric.

Frozen by fear, the call rings off before it starts again. It's almost 9 pm. I slowly swipe my finger across the screen and when a pair of nostrils and a black lip ring show up on the screen, my stomach knots and my heart flutters as I burst out laughing.

"Hey, gorgeous. I must admit I like the way you greet, but what so funny?" his smooth voice with a hint of an accent comes through. I can't stop myself from laughing harder, I try taking a few calming breaths, that takes a while to fully allow me to compose myself.

"It's the fact that I was expecting a face but ended up with nostrils filled with boogers," I can't control it and when he curses I fall back on the bed, laughing even harder.

After my fit of laughter, I've finally managed to calm myself down. Luke's face fills my tiny screen and I'm reminded of how adorable he is. His hair falling over his forehead and his eye look a little tired but they sparkle with emotion and the stubble on his face has grown out since I last saw him.

"Sorry Babygirl, I had to run away from the band and now I'm locked inside the bathroom. It's not too late, is it?" I shake my uncombed hair and beam, not even feeling self-conscious of the mess on top of my head for once.

"No, not at all. What time is it there?" I ask, not too sure how late it is for him, wherever he is.

"It's going for 5 am, and we're about to hit the road soon, so I just wanted to check in on you and see how your day was." My eyes grow wide and his laughter makes my insides melt. Could he be any more perfect?