Sixty-One

Vicky's Pov

I haven't been home in only a few days, but it feels like much longer and after the trouble, we had got in, I start to wonder if I even want to come home. I can't really remember anything from the day I was attacked, except that I was coming back from the store and what I was told about how the person might have been someone I knew from the police reports.

I'm holding onto Luke for dear life and part of me feels like there is something bad looming over the apartment as Steph walks in front of me to the door.

"Home sweet home, Vix. We managed to clean up a bit and I moved a few things around, so it doesn't look exactly the same, I thought the change might help." She eyes me with worry all over her face and I nod, forcing a smile.

"Let's do this." I nod towards the door and she pushes it open and walks in.

Luke is holding my bags from the hospital and moves to hold my hand as I seem to be rooted to the same spot, "Are you sure you're okay?"

The concern in his face and in voice twists my stomach and nearly melts my knees. I nod and squeeze his hand as we walk side by side until we're in front of the door. I look over at him and he patiently waits for me to walk in. I'm being ridiculous I roll my eyes at myself before I take a step into the room.

I feel slightly heavier and it feels a little harder to breathe but when Luke squeezes my hand and I look down at where our hands are joined, I take another deep breath, comforted by the small gesture. I look around and walk further in until I'm in the middle of the room. I shake my head slightly and look at Luke, "Young Skywalker, I'm home."

I nod my head and walk over the couch before I sit down. "I'll put the bags down."

I notice flowers against the windows, some of them from the hospital, but there is a new bunch of red lilies that I can't take my eyes off, "Hey Steph, who brought the red lilies?" I can't keep my voice from shaking slightly and I curse myself.

"They were at reception when I came back yesterday, so I thought they were probably from work, no card though." I struggle to catch my breath and as I try and stand a pair of strong arms wrap around me and whisper in my ear.

"It's okay Babygirl, you're okay." I inhale the scent I have fallen in love with and I feel a tear escape as Luke tightens his grip around my waist.

I'm not sure how long we stayed like this, but I eventually pull myself together, "I'm okay now."

I look into his eyes and I see the pain in the storm of blue as he wipes a tear from my face. I cup his cheek in my hand and I run my thumb over his lips without a thought, when he closes his eyes, I lean forward, "I'm okay baby."

His eyes fly open and his lips collide with mine, the pain replaced with a passion and a lust I haven't felt in a while. The kiss is desperate yet gentle and full of so many unspoken words. His grip tightens ever so slightly before he pulls away and then gently places a kiss on my forehead, giving me a grounding chance to catch my breath.

We sit down in the lounge and I check the time, Luke and Micheal have to be at the airport in the next hour and a half if they want to make their flight. Luke would check them in online when we're in the car on the way there.

I feel a slight panic rise as I realise it's almost time for them to go. Luke seems to know when something is wrong and he rubs his hand up and down my arm, I can't help but fall into his touch and feel calmed by him.

The drugs are starting to wear off and I feel heavier than I did earlier. I lean my head back and then I feel Luke tense next to me before he stands up and looks at Micheal. "Babygirl, we need to head out, we have a flight to catch for a show in a few hours." I nod my head and I attempt to stand when he lifts me into his arms.

"Maybe you should stay, Steph can stay with you and Michael and I will go."

I try to shake my head, but when I realise that nothing has happened I give up, "No, I'm okay. I can go."

I realise I won't be able to handle the crowd at the airport and I'm barely able to stand as it is. "No Vicky, you need to rest, you've been on your feet since we got you this morning. We can handle the airport." Luke looks conflicted but I can tell that he's trying to do right by me.

I sigh, defeated, "Okay Luke. Steph should go with you at least." I watch him tense but Nat and Mel remind him that they are staying with me. "Please let me know when you get there and when you land." I grip his t-shirt and lean my head on his chest. "I think I need to lie down anyway, I don't feel so hot."

We all nod and I walk everyone to the door, Micheal hugs me first, "Hope you feel better Vicky, we need you to be okay." I smile and thank him when Steph takes his place.

"I'll come back after I drop them at the airport if that is okay with you?" I know that I can't stay mad at Steph. I can't forgive Luke and not her.

"I'll be here with Nat and Mel, probably out cold, but here." I nod to assure her that everything will be fine. She hugs me, not too tightly as I winced a bit and then she joins Micheal in the hallway.

When Luke stands in front of me I feel my heart race, I look around the room and I feel the panic increase, but then he hugs me and I feel like I can breathe again. He makes me feel safe, protected and calm.

"I'll be fine Luke, I can take care of myself, I guess I was just in shock when it happened." And as the words come out, I feel something familiar in my mind try and make its way to the front, a memory of that day.

I shake my head to clear my mind and I place my hand on his cheek, "You finish your tour and go be awesome Mr Hemmings." He gently runs his finger down my cheek and when he tucks my hair behind my ear and leans forward, my breath falters, he kisses my forehead and then each of my cheeks.

I feel my temperature rising and I hear my blood rushing in my ears when his lips make contact with mine, I freeze, the feeling foreign and yet still so familiar. I move my lips with his and when I feel his lip ring I melt.

When he breaks the kiss, he places his forehead on mine and his eyes are closed, his breathing matching my own heaviness. I pull him closer to me and I hug him with all my strength, I can tell by how tense he is, that he doesn't want to leave me, yet he's trying to hold me and be as gentle as possible.

"I... I..." when he stutters, I can see a look that I've never seen before written all over his face.

"I'm going to be okay, now go, before you miss your flight and your fans come and try to kill me." I laugh.

He cringes and squeezes me to him once more when he walks out the door without saying a word, I can almost feel my heart break with the other pain that is taking over my body. I close the door and I lock it, I place my hands over my lips that still feel him on them and I remember the way it feels to kiss him and touch him.

I turn to find Nat and Mel sitting on the couch, I shrug my shoulders, "I guess I'm gonna go lay down for a bit." I feel drowsy so I make my way over to my room, I change into my pyjamas and stand in the doorframe. "I don't think I wanna be alone right now." My voice so low, I'm surprised they can even hear me.

My sister pats the empty couch next to her and I plug my phone in on charge by the coffee table as I lay down on the couch with the remote, before I quickly fall asleep, staring at a blank screen.

I wake in a cold sweat and a panic and when I look around the room, it takes me a moment to recognise where I am, I reach for my phone and I feel my ribs pain from the sudden movement and not being fully healed. There is a note on the table next to my phone.

Mel took me to the hotel to get my stuff, will be back later with supper.