Twenty

Vicky's Pov

I'm a little stiff but I feel so relaxed, my mind is waking up slowly and the faint breathing and movement under my head, tells me it's not just me in this position. I open one eye to find out where I am, the sight of my coffee table puts my mind at ease. I blink slowly, trying to fully open my eyes. After a few seconds and a few attempts, I finally do.

I raise my head and see Steph and Michael cuddled up on the other couch and then I turn and look at the boy I have wrapped myself around, the black metal of the lip ring comes into view before I see the rest of his face. Luke. I still, but when he doesn't move, I try and untangle my body from his. His arm is draped over my waist and in my attempt to move, he tightens his hold and wraps his other arm around me. Great, and I really need to pee.

"Luke." I whisper, "Luke, wake up." His eyes flutter but don't open. "Luke, please."

He stiffens underneath me and opens his beautiful blue eyes, "Hey." His morning voice is raspy and so sexy, filled with sleep. He's looking into my eyes and I melt inside.

"Hey, um, I need to move," I whisper. He smiles and looks at my body. I didn't even realise my pyjama top rode up and he starts tracing small circles over my back. My eyes flutter closed and when I open them again, I find the way he's looking at me enough to cause the blush to cover my whole body.

"What's the rush?" he smiles, between the circles, his eyes and his voice, they all have me melting into a puddle on top of him and if I don't move soon, it's gonna be a literal puddle.

"Bathroom." I croak and he stills. He nods but releases me, "I'll be back." I say as I rush off.

'I'll be back,' why would I say that to him? I use the facilities and brush my teeth and hair before emerging from the bathroom. Luke is lying on the couch, eyes closed. I sneak up and stare for a moment.

When I turn to walk away he grabs my wrist, "Where are you going? You said you'd be back and you're taking very long." He opens one eye and looks at me. My cheeks flame and I look away.

"Oh, uh, I was just going to put some coffee on and make breakfast for everyone." I turn back to the clock and it's only 8:15.

"Can it wait a few minutes? I'm a bit cold and lonely without you here." My heart skips a beat and I stand there debating if I should. I don't know why, but I feel relaxed and well rested after sleeping on the couch with him. I look at the other couch and the bit of jealousy I feel towards them leads me to nod my head and allow him to pull me back onto the couch.

"Much better." He chuckles and sighs, his response makes me smile.

I turn on the TV and put on cartoons but I mute the volume to not wake the lovebirds. I've always enjoyed morning cartoons and cereal and when I feel him chuckle underneath me, it makes me feel like this could be my new favourite thing and when I raise my eyebrow in silent question, he shakes his head and takes the remote.

I'm about to protest when he shushes me and puts on my favourite cartoon channel. He beams down at me and I start to giggle, tryna hide it from him. We lay and watch the silent cartoons for another hour, my body relaxing into his when Steph's yawn still me and my body stiffens, I did not think this through.

I jump up and look over at Steph. "Morning," she groans and rubs her eyes. Blinking rapidly, "It is still morning right?" she seems to be trying to focus on the clock on the wall.

"Yea, it is. I'm gonna make coffee and breakfast, would you like some?" I ask to the room, but more to our guests then Steph. Michael hasn't moved and I'm not entirely sure he's still alive. She nods sleepily and yawns again and I look over at Luke who eyes me but gives me a brief nod before standing and following me to the kitchen.

I make the coffee and gather the ingredients for breakfast, I can feel Luke's eyes on me as he sits there silently. I start to hum one of the songs I have stuck in my head, but I can't place my finger on it. When the chorus comes to mind, I watch Luke stiffen and shift uncomfortably.

"Sing for me?" I look at him and his head snaps in my directions. Confusion on his face. He opens his mouth and then silently closes it again. When he doesn't say anything, I walk around the island and stand in front of him.

"Please Luke. I mean you are in a band aren't you?" I ask and turn on my heels. He grabs my wrist and that electricity flows through me again. My eyes travel from his hand on my arm all the way up to his blue eyes.

He pulls me closer to him, so I'm practically standing in-between his legs. His eyes scan my face as he continues to bite his lip ring and seems to be considering my request. My eyes switch between his lips and his eyes.

I smile and I can see him fight his smile, "What would you like me to sing?" he licks his lips and I'm blank. It takes me a moment to snap out of it and I start humming the song again. His eyes trail my face again. He starts humming with me and then twists his face. "Are you sure?" he asks and I nod, my hair falling out of the loose pony. He tucks the strands behind my ears and my face turns into his hand before I realise what I'm doing. He starts humming something else and slowly starts singing.

"What doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead. Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper. And I can't take it. One more moment of this silence, the loneliness is haunting me and the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up."

I stand there mesmerised and speechless as he sings for me. He reaches over and runs his thumb over my cheek before I even realise the tears are falling. His voice is laced with emotion and the words of the song take my breath away.

"It comes in waves, I close my eyes. Hold my breath and let it bury me. I'm not okay and it's not alright. Won't you drag the lake and bring me home again? Who will fix me now, dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself, don't let me drown. Who will make me fine, drag me out alive? Save me from myself, don't let me drown. Cause you know that I can't do this on my own."

I slowly shake my head and I take step toward him and wrap my arms around his shoulders, effectively stopping the song. I can't. I can't take the sadness in his voice and in the song. I want to tell him I will never allow that to happen and that I will be the one to save him, but we both know that's not true. I bury my face in the crook of his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"It's okay." He comforts me as I cry for him.

After about 5 minutes, I pull myself away and watch as his eyes flick through so many emotions. I attempt to laugh off my embarrassing moment.

"Why would you do that? Choose such a sad song?" I croak and my voice is thick with emotion. He opens his mouth to say something and then decides against it, he shrugs instead. I playfully swat his arm and walk over to the stove and wipe my tears away as I try and gather myself. When I turn to look at him, his eyes are focused on me and he seems lost in thought.

I smile as brightly as I can, "Coffee?" He nods and gets up to get the cups. We work around each other effortlessly as he makes coffee and I prepare breakfast, helping him here and there. I call out to Steph and Michael once the table is set and the food is prepared. We basically eat in silence as Michael makes jokes and Steph doesn't stop laughing. I try and participate but with Luke's eye's on me, it makes me feel shy.

"Michael and I are probably gonna leave just now. Go back to the hotel. We need to shower and he wants to get dressed up for his date with Steph." Luke says as he brings the dishes over to the sink for me to wash. My hands still. Is he leaving? I don't want him to go. They have a hotel. But of course, they're rockstars. My heart sinks a little deeper at the thought of Luke alone at the hotel while Michael and Steph are on their date plus I don't have anything planned today.

"Stay," I say without thinking. His blue eyes go wide and I start blushing profusely. "I mean, if you're gonna be alone at the hotel you can stay here and chill with me. I don't have any plans and it's better than being alone." I manage to cut myself off before my rant continues for too long.

He nods, "I'd like that. Thank you. But I still need to shower and change." He laughs lightly and I smile, reliefs floods through me with a warm glow, followed by a panic at the thought of us being alone here together, for the rest of the day.