Fifty-Nine

Vicky's Pov

When Mel walks in she sits down on the left side of the bed, Nat is sitting on the right side and Jamie is standing next to me his hand in my hair. When Steph walks in, my heart stops and I think I'm about to die if I'm not dreaming.

Michael is holding her hand and a backpack slung over his shoulder, but it's what's behind him that stops my body from functioning.

"Luke," his name falls like a breathless whisper and I barely notice Jamie stiffens next to me. Luke looks wrecked, he looks tired and like he hasn't slept in days. "Luke, Michael, what are you guys doing here?" I sit up way to fast and nearly collapse back onto the bed from the pain, Luke rushes over and I see him stop in his tracks when he sees Jamie next to me.

Jamie lifts my pillow and I lay back again. "You guys aren't supposed to be here." I breathe through the stabbing pain in my chest.

"You think we'd find out you're on VIP status and not come and see you? You underestimate what you mean to us." Michael chimes as he smiles then comes over to hug me, "Sorry we just landed and came straight through." I'm stunned into silence and when Nat looks at me, she stands.

"I think I need coffee after my flight. Jamie, I think my purse is in your car." She reaches for his hand and pulls him from the room.

Mel stands, "Me too. Coffee sounds good." She hurries out behind them. I watch as Michael throws his arm over Steph's shoulder and guides her out of the room.

Just like that, I'm alone with Luke and the room feels like a matchbox. "Luke, you're here." I feel hot wetness rolling down my face and he steps forward.

"I had to see you." He reaches out to touch me and then he stops himself like he doesn't know what to do. I reach for his hand but he pulls away and he runs his hand through his hair, the rejection spears my heart like one of the broken ribs punctured it.

"Fuck Vicky. Look at you, you're hurt! You're fucking hurt and I did nothing!" His black skinny jeans seem to be a bit loose on him and the Blink 182 t-shirt he's wearing seems to be big for him, even though it looked so sexy the other day on the beach.

"Luke, I'm okay. It's just a few bumps and bruises, I'll be okay." The hurt and panic are evident in my voice as the guilt consumes me. I left him, I ignored him and I told him to get lost, but here he is. Staring at me with wild eyes, that is swimming with emotion.

"No Victoria, look at you. Shit!" I scrunch my face up and even though it hurts, I keep my face the same.

"Geez, I know I won't win a beauty contest, but for fuck's sake, I don't look that bad!" I raise my voice slightly and when he faces me, the horror on his face seems to fuels my anger.

"No Babygirl, you're as beautiful as ever. I just meant that you're laying here hurt." My sudden anger vanishes instantly, the gentleness in his voice and on his face melts it away.

I sigh "Luke, what are you doing here? You're in the middle of your tour." He shakes his head like he doesn't understand what I'm saying to him.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" I don't know how to break the truth to him, what am I supposed to say to this man?

"Um, because..." my voice trails off. "Because you're in the middle of your tour and I mean, you and me..." I don't finish the sentence as I watch his face fall ever so slightly.

"Victoria, no matter what happens between us, I will always be here for you." I watch him rake his hands through his hair and the look in his eyes is gentle yet pained like they are trying to tell me something.

"I..." I don't know what to say and I feel like whatever I say will ruin the moment. "Thank you," I whisper and when he smiles at me and takes my hand, the warmth from his hand is warming my whole body.

"Anything for you Babygirl, always."

Luke and I talk for a while about the tour before everyone else comes back in. Natalie hugs me before Jamie gives me a smile and eyes Luke before walking out. Mel and Michael had to drag Luke out of the room before Steph looks at the door then turn to me.

"I'm happy you guys worked things out. I mean, I knew you loved him." My body tenses, what?

"What are you talking about?" Steph stares at me, gobsmacked.

"Do you not remember? I thought you guys were all 'I love you' after everything that happened."

I shake my head, "I never said that to him. He... He never said that!" I almost yell, my mind racing, I've never heard him say that.

"Vic, I don't know if you were out of it, but you should say something. I know you love him and when he said it back at the flat..." her voice trails as my eyes widen, this is all news to me. "Oh, you were out of it when you were mumbling but and I think you were probably sleeping when he said it..." I blink at her, my mouth open, but no words are coming out.

"Shit, I've said too much now." She smiles and backs out the door. "I love you too." Her colourful hair trails behind her as she disappears out of the door.

*Here we are, part 2 of Vicky's story. Does she know how he really feels about her now? Will she ever hear him say it? Keep reading to find out :P lol. Thank you for reading and I hope you are enjoying it. More posts soon. XOXO*