Thirty-Eight

Luke's Pov

Vicky finally walks through the door and all the thoughts I had of her being hurt or in trouble vanish, the relief flooding through every cell in my body. I was on the phone with Calum, though when she walked in, I felt like a small child crying to his father about a toy I had lost. Without another word, I hang up the phone and I close the distance between us, it feels like she's been gone for far too long. This was one of the longest afternoons of my life.

I need to make sure that my mind isn't playing tricks on me and when she starts apologising, I pull her into my chest, just to make sure that this is real. I'm about a second away from breaking into a puddle of tears, when she looks up at me and the hazel eyes I have been longing to look into are finally looking into mine. Part of me even forgot why or when she left, I'm just happy that she's back with me.

After I call Steph to let her know she's back, I text Calum, Michael and Ashton, just to let them know. I would have called the cops and reported a missing person if she wasn't back before dark. Steph had to talk me out of it, when I got back to the apartment, reminding me that she's not missing yet.

I feel like an idiot for wandering around all this time, when she was out there somewhere, feeling completely useless and she keeps apologising to me like I'm not in the wrong here. For all I know, she took off because of me and that dumb waitress, that I couldn't care less about at this point.

When she kisses me, I'm stunned. I can't move and when she applies more pressure, my body moves of its violation and I wrap an arm around her waist, before pulling her in closer and deepening the kiss. I instantly feel my body come alive when her tongue comes in contact with my lip ring. My whole body is on fire from just a kiss and I realise I'm falling deeper into the rabbit hole that is Victoria Graham.

I need a moment to pull myself together before I take this too far. I pull away and I watch under hooded eyes and with shallow breathes as she tries to kiss me again. This time I take a step back and keep my eye on her as I watch her withdraw into herself and wrap her arms around her waist, hugging herself tightly.

"Luke?" The whisper of my name from her mouth is almost enough to break my resolve. With a heavy sigh, I try and gain control of myself before I clear my throat to speak.

"Vicky, we need to talk."

She is standing there expectantly, waiting for me to say something, anything really. My mind is drawing a complete blank, how can I think of anything besides holding her close when she looks like a deer caught in the headlights?

I take a step back until the back of my legs hit the single seater. I nearly fall onto it as she stares at me with a blank expression. I'm about to open my mouth to speak when she beats me to it.

"Luke. I... I don't really feel like talking right now." She sighs and sits down on the couch we were on only moments ago.

"Victoria, I...." I'm still blank. She hangs her head with her arms still wrapped around her.

When she looks up, there is a determination there that seems to have replaced the hopelessness that was there only moments ago. I sit down across from her, speechless. When she gets up from her seat, I keep my eyes on her face, she slowly walks over to me and I can't help but take in all her beautiful features.

"Right now, I just don't want to think about it. It's been a long day and I honestly would love a hot shower and some pizza." When she stands in front of me and cups my cheeks in her hands, I feel like she's almost begging me to let this go, but I can't.

"After?!" It's more of a silence command than a question, she seems to think about it and when she nods her head and gives me a small, shy smile and I give in.

"Okay. You can go shower and I'll order the pizza." Her smile calms me and when she turns for the bathroom, I grab hold of her hand, she just got back, I can't let her leave yet.

She looks at me and is waiting for me to say something, anything really. I don't understand why I'm being such a clingy baby, but I pull her into my lap and kiss the top of her head before I possess her mouth.

While Vicky is in the shower, I answer a couple of texts from Steph and the boys before ordering the pizza and putting on a movie. I'm flipping through the movie selection before landing on some animated animal movie. I decide that I can't let this topic go, I don't ever want to see that look on her face again.

I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts, I nearly jump out of my skin when she wraps her arms around my waist from behind. When she doesn't notice and snuggles into my back, smelling like apples and fresh flowers, I turn in her arms to look at her. Her hair is still half wet and tied up, the colours appear darker than what they are.

"Hey there, Young Skywalker." She looks up through her lashes and she seems to have relaxed and dammit if it's not sexy that she appears younger.

"Hey, Babygirl." I see a faint touch of pink crawl onto her face. I lean forward and take in the way she smells and the comfort her arms provide when they're still around my waist and place a brief kiss on her lips, I just can't help myself. I smile and wink and the touch of pink turns a darker shade of red.

"What are we watching?" her question has me turning to face the screen, my previous mission completely forgotten.

"I don't know," I laugh and face her, she takes the remote. "The pizza is on the way. I saw stars on the menu and figured those were your favourites." I smile and when bites her bottom lip and nods animatedly, with bright and wide eyes, I chuckle, how is she so beautiful being herself?

She jumps on the couch and pats the seat next to her. I watch her pull her phone out from under the cushion and she looks at me and shrugs as she tosses it on the table. I sit down and she instantly crawls up next to me when we start the movie she picked, I don't care what it is. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie, she's asleep against my arm. I can't help but stare and when I remove my arm from underneath her peaceful face, she slides down slowly until her head is on my lap, there was an overwhelming possessiveness that had taken over me.

"I think I love you, I'll find a way to show you." As the words leave my mouth, I hear a gasp and turn to find Steph standing there.

*Can I squeal? I mean he said it, granted she was asleep and probably didn't hear it, but Steph heard it, like swoon. Hahaha. sorry, sometimes I get too excited for my own brain vomit. I really hope you're still enjoying the story, please let me know what's up. Thank you Thank you Thank you, for making it thus far. XOXO*