Chapter×12

"Oh, you think I'm cute when I'm mad? I'm about to be fucking gorgeous."

-XXXTENTACION

×××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"So you graduated from my high school?" I asked Coolie as I adjusted myself to get comfortable. I came home from the hospital today, and once I told Coolie, he wasted no time to come over to see me. My dad and Janice had to work, and ain't no telling where Jahseh is.

I still feel a little bad about yesterday because I didn't appreciate the fact he really went out of his way to come see me in the hospital, but I was still bitter. But I also feel like I had every right to be bitter. He treated me like I was invisible for three weeks, and whenever I tried to talk to him, he just did some rude gesture, like walk away. When he mentioned Geneva, I couldn't help but feel jealousy. Not because they're together as a couple, but they're together all the time period. I miss all the fun times and moments Jahseh and I had; all the conversations and jokes, where did they go? I just want things to go back to the way they used to be.

"Yeah, I just did last year. I was an honors student." He nodded. I chuckled. "Look at you! You're smart." I nudged his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I was smart, but I still did dumb shit."

"Well, there are a lot of people like that. You think Albert Einstein was a perfect man? He could've made some mistakes that no one knows about."

He nodded his head as he licked his lips. "True."

"So since you're no longer a teen, do you still live at home?"

He shook his head. "Nah. I actually moved out during senior year. I wanted to be independent."

I nodded my head. "I can understand that. It's kinda how I want to be, honestly."

"I mean, if you got a job, just save up your dough until the time to move out comes. That's what I did."

"To be honest, I wanna get in the music industry."

He arched his eyebrow. "Can you sing or rap?"

I shrugged. "A little bit of both. I also write my songs."

"Really? Let me hear something."

I shook my head as I giggled. "I can't. I've never really showed anyone my stuff."

"Don't worry. You're safe with me, shorty."

I smiled before I reached over to my dresser and grabbed my lyric book. I held it close to my chest when I saw him trying to read something. "Hey, no peeking." I swatted his hand, making him laugh. I slowly looked at the book again as I began to flip through pages. I took a deep breath as I got ready to recite one of my songs I wrote a while ago.

"Little girl, watching her reflection
As she parts her curls into four sections
She says, 'I don't look like them, I don't look like her
and I don't want what's on my head'
But baby girl don't be mislead
Yeah, yeah
Young woman reading magazines
Thinking to herself, nobody looks like me
Oh I've got all these curves, all this nerve
Why can't I keep a man?
But baby girl if you love yourself you can...." I trailed off once I stopped reading. When I looked at Coolie, he had a smile on his face as he nodded his head.