Chapter×16

"Baby, I don't understand this
You're changing, I can't stand it"
-XXXTENTACION

××××××××

Jahseh

"So, baby. I've been thinking..." Geneva smirked at me as I put a fork full of food in my mouth. I looked at her and nodded my head towards her, indicating for her to continue. "I was thinking you could move in with me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You don't think it's too soon for that?"

"I know, I know. But baby, look, you'll be 18 in a couple of months, so by then, it won't be too much of problem of me being older than you because you'll be legally emancipated. Plus, you won't have to live with your parents or Kehlani anymore."

She said Kehlani's name with so much jealousy, it was almost funny. I thought about what she said, but I feel like I need more time to think about it, considering it's a pretty big step in our relationship.

"Could you give me some time to think about it, Gen?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah. Definitely, babe." She pecked my cheek before standing to go wash her plate.

If I move in with Geneva, I feel like Kehlani and I would drift off, and I don't really want that to happen. I would ask her how she feels about that idea, but then again, that's a stupid ass thing to do. It's bad enough her and Geneva hate each other; I'm not trying to start no fucking World War 3. Knowing the both of them, the shit is possible.

-

"Jahseh, is that you?" I heard my mom's voice from the living room as soon as I closed the front door. "Yeah, it's me."

"Come here." Her voice sounded kind of strict. I furrowed my eyebrows as I checked the time on my phone. It was 10:37 at night, so it couldn't have been about curfew because I'm actually home early.

I walked into the living room, and when she saw me she had this evil look in her eyes. Oh, shit Kehlani. What did you say? I knew them talking was a bad idea.

"What's up, mom?"

"Don't 'what's up mom' me, boy. Sit down."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat on the couch across from her. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong, boy, is that you have not been to school in almost 2 going on 3 weeks. Have you lost your mind? You got these people calling me asking about you! Why haven't you been in school?!"

"I don't like that school anymore, mom! Everybody there is a weird--"

"You're not going there for everybody, Jahseh! You're going there for your education!"

I bit my bottom lip in deep thought before responding to her. "I want to drop out, mom."

"You what?!" She stood up, giving me the hardest glare.

"I want to focus on my music more! My grades aren't even that good anyways, so I might as well just focus on something I love!"

"So what, you just gonna become some cliche ass rapper?!"

"No, I'm not none of these mumble rap ass dudes! I can really do this, mom! I've been working on my lyrics and everything!"