Chapter×31(pt.2)

Omniscient

Police cars, ambulances, paramedics, and news vans all surrounded the hotel. Now with Richard and Geneva on the run, life was bound to get more and more complicated. With Jahseh and Janice's lives hanging on by a thread, life felt like a game of Russian Roulette to Kehlani. All the trials and tribulations she's ever gone through, she had always felt like they would never end, and she would continue to suffer. She felt as if the entire outcome of that night was her fault because of her argument with Richard, which prompted Janice to end the engagement. Nonetheless, she also couldn't help but try to think what would have happened if she didn't expose Richard and his malicious ways. He could have made things worse if the marriage was continued. Perhaps, he would have also still been having his affair with Geneva in the dark. Kehlani's mind was all over the place, but her main concern was Jahseh.

After hours of countless questioning, investigating, tears, and anger being released into the atmosphere, Kehlani finally decided to go back to her hotel room by herself. She couldn't bear to be in the hospital with everyone else, because she felt completely responsible. She entered her room in complete silence before sluggishly walking in front her bed and sunk down to the floor. Her face was covered in tears as it was flushed red and her eyes were bloodshot and puffy. She looked down at the blood stains on her dress, and she stared at them immensely.

The stains began to spread all throughout her white dress, causing her eyes to grow wide in shock and horror. She panicked as she tried her best to make it stop, but the blood from the dress only stained her hands. She stared at the crimson blood on her hands in terror, before her breathing grew more and more rapid by the second. "Kehlani." A faint, ghostly voice called to her. She began to frantically look around until beside her, a figure appeared.

She looked to the left of her and couldn't believe who was sitting beside her.

Jahseh.

Her eyes watered as they began to overflow with tears and her body trembled with horror. She couldn't believe her eyes: was Jahseh dead?

"O-oh m-my G-God. Jah..." Her voice faded out as she covered her mouth in shock as she tried her best to back away from the apparition. Jahseh stared at her as blood endlessly drained from his stomach and mouth. "L-Lani..." his voice strained. "...I-I love y-you."

"J-Jahseh, I'm s-sorry. Th-this was all my fault!" Kehlani cried. Jahseh's eyes began to look lifeless as they remained fixed on her. Kehlani's eyes widened as her body trembled in horror. "Jahseh? No! Stay with me, please!"

"Kehlani." A warm, familiar voice called from behind her, causing her to freeze. She reluctantly turned around to see her mother standing a few steps away from her. Her warm, ghostly eyes gleamed as she grinned at her daughter, who was paralyzed with shock.

"M-Mom?" She tearfully uttered. She glanced back at Jahseh, only to see that he disappeared. Turning her attention back to her mother, who was still grinning at her.

"You look so beautiful, honey." Her mother's voice echoed softly. After a couple seconds, she walked towards Kehlani, causing her to tremble again, uncertain of what was about to happen. Her mom reached her hand out towards Kehlani's face, before gently caressing her cheek. Kehlani shuddered at the lukewarm feeling of her mother's hand as stray tears rolled down her face.

"I am always with you." 

"Kehlani, snap out of it!" Sky's alarming voice pulled Kehlani out of her deep trance. Kehlani pants rapidly as she tries to catch her breath.

"Sk-Sky! J-Jahseh, I-I saw him!" She hyperventilated.

"Sweetheart, just breathe. It's okay." Sky softly said as she pulled Kehlani close to her. Remembering the events that occurred earlier in the night, Kehlani began to burst into tears.