Chapter×14

¨I must learn to accept the things I cannot change...like people.¨

-Kehlani

××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just woke up." I said to Coolie over the phone. When he found out that I was in the hospital, he freaked out and called me immediately. I find it very sweet that he cares about me a lot, despite Jahseh trying to fight him the last time I saw him. "Oh alright, well good. I'll see you in about 5 minutes. I'm trying to find a spot out here. What's the room number again?" He asked. 

"It's room 316." 

"Got you. See you in a bit."

I smiled. "Okay, later." I hung up the phone. I adjusted my bed to get comfortable, just as my phone started ringing. I looked to see who it was and it was Sky. "Hey girl." I answered. "Hey honey. How ya' feelin'?" She asked.

"I feel alright. I get to go home in a couple days, thank God."

She nodded her head. "Okay, well guess what?"

"What happen?"

"My mom is letting me come out there on Friday." It was weird, but I could hear her forming a smile by her tone.

I let out a shocked gasp. "Are you serious?! Wait, why?"

"Our spring break is next week, but it starts on Friday, so I'm gonna miss school and drive out there. When is your spring break?"

"I don't know, but I can convince my parents to let me miss a week. I have to recover anyway."

"Alright. Oh my God, I cannot wait, biiih!"

"I know, bitch! Me either!"

"We finna get lit as fuck hoe, on God!"

I laughed as I heard a knock on my door. "Sky, I'll call you later. Someone's here to see me. I love you."

"I love you too, boo. Bye."

"Bye," I hung up before saying, "come in!"

The door opened and Coolie walked in with roses and get-well balloons in his hands. I smiled wide as I let out an "aw". He's so sweet for this. "Aww, are those for me?"

He playfully rolled his eyes. "No they're for the lady next door."

I nudged his arm and he laughed as he handed me my gifts. "Very funny. How are you?"

"I should be asking you that," he said as he sat down beside me on the hospital bed. "How you holdin' up, shorty?"

I sighed as I set the roses and balloons beside me before adjusting myself to sit up. "I could be better, but I'll make it."

He nodded his head understandingly. "You're strong. I like that."

I shrugged my shoulders. All my life, I had no choice but to be strong. Nobody else was going to be strong for me, because they all couldn't understand what I've been through. But I can't help but to think about how much I trusted Jahseh, and how I still do. He and I may not be on the best of terms right now but I still feel like he's the only person I feel like I can talk to about my life. Honestly, my biggest wish in life right now is for us to just sit down and talk; to have a heart to heart moment with our deep conversation. I live for those types of conversations and moments because they make me feel like someone understands me, or just that someone cares and they're listening. I just love the feeling of being heard.