Chapter×19

"Something 'bout our exchange
It's a fight to act like you weren't in mind, or mine"
-Kehlani

××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

"What the fuck do you mean you hit her?!" I exclaimed towards Jahseh as he sat on my bed with his head in his hands. I could tell he felt really bad and was scared to death. "I didn't mean to hit her, Lani." He quietly said.

"I hope not!" I gave him a sideways look.

"She just kept hitting me, and hitting me, and pushing me, slapping me. I warned her three times before taking action, but I didn't intend to hit her. I was supposed to push her off me."

I sighed in an annoyed manner as I rubbed my fingers through my hair. This was stressing me all the way out. "What happened after you hit her, Jah? What did she do?"

"She fell and started crying, and I helped her."

"And then what? You just left after?"

He nodded his head. "Y-yeah."

I sighed as I walked over to him and stood in front of him. "Okay, well, I honestly don't even know what to say right now, Jahseh. What if she tries to make it more than what it is?"

"Kehlani, I honestly don't know right now, OK? I don't feel good about myself right now." He held his head down in his hands, covering his face again. I let out a deep sigh and grabbed his car keys out of his pocket, gaining his attention. 

"Get up. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

I arched my eyebrow at him. "Don't question me. Just get up and come on." 

Without another word from him, I walked out of my room to go downstairs to his car. He followed behind me hesitantly, but still followed me to his car. I walked over to the driver side and he walked over to the passenger side before giving me a look. "I hope you know how to drive, because I have never seen you drive before."

I gave him a glare. "I've driven Sky's car before. Just get in." With that, we got into the car and I started it up before driving off to where I wanted to go.

-

I pulled up to the area and turned the car engine off. I looked at Jahseh, and saw that he was sound asleep. "Jah. Jah, wake up." I shook him, causing him to toss and turn before opening his eyes and looking over at me. "Hm?" He sleepily mumbled. 

"Wake up, we're here." I said before getting out of the car. He got out a second later, then eyed where we were.

"Kehlani, why did you bring me here?" His raspy voice asked.

"Because...this is our spot. Come on." I began to make my way to the top of the hill towards the rock we used to sit on. He followed behind me until we made it to the top and sat down on the big rock at the same time.

It was nothing but pure silence between us as the breeze flew past us gently, causing my hair to brush my cheek. I brought him here because of the peaceful vibe I got from those times he brought me here. I miss those early memories between us, especially when we first kissed, which actually took place here.

"This hill has so many memories, doesn't it?" I awkwardly chuckled, trying to break the silence. He just stared at the sunset as the day sky transitioned into the night sky slowly. I sighed and looked down at my lap, feeling hopelessness come unto me.