Chapter×17

My brain can't fathom what the hate say
He say, she say, how 'bout me say?
-XXXTENTACION

××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

I sat in the dining booth as I stared outside the window. My fingers rhythmically tapped on the table as I let out a soft sigh. The raindrops were falling hard from the pitch black sky onto the window, and I watched as the dark Florida streets became covered in water. Sky was sitting across from me as she rubbed her eyes and took a sip of her coffee. Coming here to escape everything that happened tonight, was a good idea. I needed to get away from everything, and since Sky wouldn't let me isolate myself, she brought me here.

I glanced at my phone to see what time it was, and it read 11:13 p.m.. I sighed softly in boredom as my mind began to race on its own. My hand started to slightly shake as flashbacks of earlier tonight came to mind. Sky noticed this and grabbed my hand, stopping the shaky tapping noise. "It's okay now, Kehlani. Stop thinking about it." Her raspy voice said. I let out a sigh as tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"I knew that bitch had something to do with it." I angrily mumbled.

Sky shook her head as she balled up her fist tightly. "I know. Trust me, she got another thing coming."

(((Three Hours Earlier)))

"Come on, let's go get something to drink." Sky took her legs out of the Jacuzzi before lending her hand out to me. I took it as I carefully stood up and walked towards the house with her. Everyone was in the game room, so that let me know that Geneva wasn't somewhere in here fucking Jah. I've had enough of seeing the both of them tonight. I sat on the barstool as Sky grabbed a can of soda out of the refrigerator and handed it to me. "Alright, now you sit here, and I will be right back. I'ma see what WiFi up to." Sky told me, and I nodded my head dismissively.

As I drank my soda, I heard Geneva talking to someone from a distance. When I didn't hear Jahseh's voice, I furrowed my eyebrows and quietly walked towards her voice, listening in on what she was saying.

"I already told you, Sonya, I need more time....No, she has not came into topic between us yet....Ugh! This shit is all just stupid, if Smokey's dumb ass didn't get caught, we wouldn't even be in this situation..."

Smokey? What the hell does he have to do with anything?

"I spoke to him, and he said before he could finish his job, Jahseh ran in there and beat his ass. After that, shit went left."

My eyes widened as a small gasp escaped past my lips. It couldn't be...

I don't know what came over me, but I was happy to allow it to come. This bitch done did it now. "You sneaky ass bitch!" I said as I came out of hiding. She quickly turned around with wide eyes and hung up her phone immediately.

She scoffed, trying to play dumb. "What the hell are you tal--"

She couldn't even finish her sentence because I lunged at her, going straight for her face. I ignored the pain that electrified my body as I hit her with everything in me. She began to fight back, and she got me good in my nose, but I didn't care; I just kept hitting that bitch. Her shouts and screams caused everyone to run into the living room, and it took Ski and WiFi to pull me off of her while Jahseh and Red ran to her aide. Blood oozed out of my nose and tears ran down my cheeks rapidly as I began to hyperventilate.